Establishment of Gram Panchayat
35. Secretary of the Gram Panchayat. – (1) There shall be a Secretary for every Gram Panchayat appointed by the State Government or any authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf.
[(2) The Secretary shall be responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the records of the office of the Gram Panchayat and shall discharge such duties as may be prescribed.]
(3) The State Government shall make rules relating to the method of recruitment and the terms and conditions of service including the pay and allowances, superannuation, provident fund and gratuity, of the Secretary.
(4) Subject to rules framed by the State Government regarding discipline and control, the Secretary shall act in all matters under the control of thePradhan, through whom he shall be responsible to the Gram Panchayat.
36. Staff of the Gram Panchayat. – (1) Subject to such rules as may be made by the State Government in this behalf, a Gram Panchayat may appoint such officers and employees as may be required by it and may fix the salaries and allowances to be paid to the persons so appointed:
Provided that no post shall be created or abolished and no revision of the scale of pay of any post shall be made by the Gram Panchayat without the prior approval of the State Government or such authority subordinate to it as may be prescribed.
(2) The State Government may place at the disposal of the Gram Panchayat the services of such officers or other employees serving under it [and on such terms and conditions] as it may think fit:
Provided that any such officer or employee shall be recalled by the State Government if a resolution to that effect is passed by the Gram Panchayat at a meeting specially convened for the purpose, by a majority of the total number of members holding office for the time being:
Provided further that the State Government shall have disciplinary control over such officers and employees.
[(3) The State Government shall make rules relating to the method of recruitment and the terms and conditions of service including the pay and allowances, superannuation, provident fund and gratuity of the employees of the Gram Panchayat]
[36A. Exercise of powers, etc. by the officers and employees. – Subject to the provisions of this Act, the rules made thereunder and to any general or special directions as the State Government may give in this behalf, the officers and other employees employed by the Gram Panchayatand the officers and other employees whose services have been placed at the disposal of the Gram Panchayat shall exercise such powers, perform such functions and discharge such duties as the Gram Panchayat may determine.]
37 to 40. [* * * * * * * * *]