PHOTO:- Hon`ble Chief Minister of West Bengal
West Bengal Service Rule
Heads of Department
The following have been declared to be Heads of Departments for the purpose of those rules and of the West Bengal Service Rules, Part II :—
(1) Director of Agriculture and Food Production.
(2) Milk Commissioner.
(2A) Director of Animal Husbandry.
(3) Director Veterinary Services.
(4) Director of Industries.
(5) Director of Cinchona.
(6) Director of Medicinal Plants.
(7) Mining Adviser and Ex-officio Director of Mines.
(8) Chief Electric Inspector.
(9) Controller of Weights and Measures.
(10) Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
(11) Development Commissioner.
(12) Chief and Superintending Engineers in the Construction Boards Branch of the
Department of Public Works.
(13) Chief and Superintending Engineers in the Roads Branch of the Department of
(13A) Director, Roads and Building Research Institute.
(14) Chief Electrical Engineer and Electrical Adviser to the Government of West Bengal
in the Electrical Development Branch of the Development Department.
(15) Director of Public Instruction.
(16) Commissioner of Excise.
(17) Director, Bureau of Applied Economics and Statistics.
(18) Commissioner, Commercial Taxes.
(19) Commissioner, Agricultural Income Taxes.
(20) Director of Fisheries.
(21) Director of Rationing in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(21 A) Director of District Distribution, Procurement and Supply in the Department of
Food and Supplies.
(22) Director of Consumer’s Goods in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(23) Director of Textiles in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(24) Director of Storage in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(25) Director of Transportation in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(26) Director of Statistics in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(27) Controller of Finance in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(28) Director of Relief in the Department of Food and Supplies.
(29) Chief Conservator of Forests. (29A) Conservators of Forests. .
(31) Director of Health Services.
(32) Chief Engineer, Public Health Engineering.
(33) Director, Social Welfare.
(34) Principal Officer, Mercantile Marine Department, Calcutta District, Calcutta.
(35) Director, Public Vehicles Department.
(36) Director of Tourism.
(37) Inspector-General of Police.
(38) Commissioner of Police, Calcutta.
(39) Inspector-General of Prisons.
(40) Director of Information and Public Relations.
(41) Chief and Superintending Engineers in the Department of Housing.
(42) Chief and Superintending Engineers in the Department of Irrigation and
(43) Chief and Superintending Engineers in the Department of Public Works.
(44) Director, River Research Institute.
(45) Commissioner of Labour.
(46) Commissioner of Workmen’s Compensation.
(47) Chief Inspector of Boilers.
48) Chief Inspector of Factories.
(49) Director, National Employment Service.
(49A) Chief Inspector of Shops and Establishment.
(50) Board of Revenue.
(51) Commissioners of Divisions.
(52) Director of Land Records and Surveys.
(53) Superintendent and Remembrancer of Legal Affairs.
(54) Chief Judge, City Civil and Sessions Court.
(55) Chief Presidency Magistrate, Calcutta.
(56) Chief Judge, Small Causes Court.
(57) Administrator-General and Official Trustee.
(58) Official Receiver, Calcutta.
(59) Official Assignee.
(60) District and Sessions Judges.
(61) Inspector-General of Registration.
(62) Director of Panchayats.
(63) Director of Fire Service.
(65) Director of Scheduled Castes and Tribal Welfare.
(66) Director, Cultural Research Institute under the Department of Scheduled
Castes and Tribal Welfare.
(68) Sheriff, Calcutta.
(69) Chairman, Public Service Commission.
(70) Secretaries to Government (or where there is no Secretary, Joint Secretarics-incharge of the Department in respect of officers who are not subordinate to any of the
other Heads of Departments mentioned in the list).
(71) Director, State Lotteries, West Bengal.
(72) Secretary to the Governor of West Bengal.
(73) Secretary, State Soldiers’ Sailors’ and Airmen’s Board, West Bengal.
(74) Vigilance Commissioner, West Bengal.
(75) Registrar-General of Births, Deaths and Marriages, West Bengal.
(76) Director, State Drugs Control and Research Laboratory.
(77) Director of Treasuries and Accounts, West Bengal. *(78) Commissioner of Urban
Land Ceiling. *(79) Director of Pension, Provident Fund & Group Insurance.
(80) Director, Administrative Training Institute Govt, of West Bengal at Bidhannagar,
(Salt Lake City.)