1st February to 13th March, 1950
- Prime Minister and Minister of External Affairs— The Honourable Shri Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Home Affairs and the States— Honourable Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Minister of Education— The Honourable Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
- Minister of Finance— The Honourable Dr. John Matthai.
- Minister of Defence— The Honourable Sardar Baldev Singh.
- Minister of Labour— The Honourable Shri Jagjivan Bam.
- Minister of Communications— The Honourable Shri Rafi Ahmad Kidwai.
- Minister of Health— The Honourable Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
- Minister of Law— The Honourable Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
- Minister of Industry and Supply— The Honourable Dr. Syama Prasad
- Minister of Works, Mines and Power—The Honourable Shri N. V. Gadgil.
- Minister of Commerce— The Honourable Shri K. C. Neogy.
- Minister of Transport and Railways— The Honourable Shri N. Gopalaswami
- Minister of Food and Agriculture— The Honourable Shri Jairamdas Doulatram.
Ministers not in the Cabinet
- Minister of State for Rehabilitation—The Honourable Shri Mohan Lai Saksena.
- Minister of State for Transport and Railways—The Honourable Shri Santhanam.
- Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting— The Honourable Shri R. Diwakar.
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs—The Honourable Shri Satya Narayan Sinha.
- Deputy Minister of Communications— Shri Khurshed Lai.
- Deputy Minister of External Affairs—Dr. B. V. Keskar.