Against the sanctioned Judge-strength of thirty-four, the Supreme Court of India is presently functioning with thirty Judges, leaving four clear vacancies. Therefore Supreme Court Collegium elevated following High Court Judges and recommended to appoint them as Judges of the Supreme Court of India:
1. Mr. Justice Krishna Murari,
Chief Justice, Punjab & Haryana High Court, (PHC: Allahabad)
2. Mr. Justice S. Ravindra Bhat,
Chief Justice, Rajasthan High Court, (PHC: Delhi)
3. Mr. Justice V. Ramasubramanian,
Chief Justice, Himachal Pradesh High Court, (PHC: Madras) and
4. Mr. Justice Hrishikesh Roy,
Chief Justice, Kerala High Court, (PHC: Gauhati).
- Gaurav Ahluwalia , India’s deputy high commissioner in Islamabad, today met Kulbhushan Jadhav as Pakistan granted consular access to him.
- The second India-China informal summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping will be held at the historic coastal town of Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu, this October.
- As a major boost to the Indian Air Force’s combat capabilities, eight US-made Apache AH-64E attack helicopters will be incorporated into the IAF on September 3.
- The first Asean-US Maritime Exercise (AUMX) between the regional bloc and Washington is starting today at the Sattahip Naval Base in Thailand and will end in Singapore.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will get another award by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for his work with the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- The Supreme Court today directed the UP government to set up SIT headed by IG-rank officer to look into the charges of harassment made by a Shahjahanpur woman law student against former Union minister and BJP leader Swami Chinmayanand.
- Arrest warrant issued against Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami in a Domestic Violence case filed by his wife, the court in Kolkata strictly ordered to appear within 15 days.
- Argentina yesterday imposed foreign-exchange controls on exporters as it saw a sharp drop in the peso.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson has taken steps to suspend Parliament during part of the period before the Oct. 31 Brexit deadline, giving legislators little time to try to rush through legislation designed to prevent a disorderly departure.
- International Criminal Court [ICC] judges order the prosecutor to review Gaza flotilla decision.
- India-Pakistan talks on Kartarpur corridor on September 4, 2019
- From Maruti Suzuki to Tata Motors, auto sales see steep fall in August
- The Eight crore sector Industries (coal , crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilizers, steel, cement and electricity) dropped to 2.1 % in July due to contraction on coal, crde oil, natural gas and refinery products.
- GST revenues slid to a six-month low of Rs 98,202 crore in August 2019. Average collections of this financial year are above Rs.1.02 lakh crore.
- Auto sales in August to be ‘far worse’ than July, analysts expect 30% fall
জাতীয় নাগরিক পঞ্জির কাজ চলার জন্য আসামকে বাদ দিয়ে এবার গোটা দেশে শুরু হচ্ছে বাড়ি বাড়ি সুমারি যেখানে প্রতিটি ব্যক্তির বিস্তারিত তথ্য সংগ্রহ করা হবে। ২০২০ সালের পয়লা এপ্রিল থেকে এই কাজ শুরু হবে বলে রেজিস্ট্রার জেনারেল অব সিটিজেন রেজিস্ট্রেশন বিবেক যোশির নামে ভারতীয় গেজেটে বিজ্ঞপ্তি জারি হয়েছে।
ইতিহাসে আজকের দিন
১৯৪৬: সাহিত্যিক প্রমথ চৌধুরির মৃত্য
১৯৬৯: ভিয়েতনামের বিপ্লবী এবং রাষ্ট্র নেতা হো চি মিনের মৃত্যু
২০০৯: হেলিকপ্টার দুর্ঘটনায় অন্ধ্রপ্রদেশের মুখ্যমন্ত্রী ওয়াই এস রাজশেখর রেড্ডির মৃত্যু
- इसरो (ISRO) के वैज्ञानिकों ने आज चंद्रयान-2 के ऑर्बिटर से लैंडर ‘विक्रम’ (Lander Vikram) को सफलतापूर्वक अलग करा दिया। अब लैंडर ‘विक्रम’ सात सितंबर को चंद्रमा की सतह पर लैंड करेगाI
- प्रोटोटाइप बुगाटी चिरोन कार आज484 किमी प्रति घंटे स्पीड से दौड़कर एन नया वर्ल्ड रिकॉर्ड कायम किया है।
ANSWER TODAY [your answer]
- Supreme Court of India came into existence on 26th January, 1950 and is located on Tilak Marg, New Delhi – What was the official address of the Federal Court of India?
- The original Constitution of 1950 envisaged a Supreme Court with a Chief Justice and 7 puisne Judges – leaving it to Parliament to increase this number – How many Judges were in Federal Court of India?
- The High Court at Calcutta, formerly known as the High Court of Judicature at Fort William, was brought into existence by the Letters Patent dated 14th May, 1862, issued under the High Court’s Act, 1861, which provided that the jurisdiction and powers of the High Court were to be defined by Letters Patent – Who was the First Bengali Chief justice of the Calcutta High Court ?
- Former PM Manmohan Singh, his wife got CRPF ‘Z Plus’ VIP security- What is ‘Z Plus’ VIP security?
You May Like :
- The SC Collegium recommended V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy, as SC judges
- Calcutta High Court has removed protection from Ex-Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar-13/09/2019
- Pakistan Prime minister coined and propagated ‘Hindu supremacy’ theory by multiple twitting
- Ban on Indian movies to be continued in Pakistan
- Pakistan to downgrade diplomatic ties with India
- Saudi Arabia and some other Arab countries have been rejecting Pakistan granted PG degree programme of MS and MD
- Collegium put Justice Protik Prakash Banerjee in watching list for the next six months as Addl judge while permanenting another five judges of CHC
- The trump card: United state avoided the K-370 question describing it as an “internal matter”
- CALCUTTA HIGH COURT IS ANGRY ON MEDICAL COUNCIL FOR SITTING IDLE ON A COMPLAINT OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE
- CBI registered a criminal case against Lawyers Collective for violations of the FCRA rules
Categories: Current Affairs