- India and Pakistan are expected to argue on the Kashmir issue at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on Tuesday.
- Indian Army foils Pak BAT’s infiltration bid along LoC, issued Video footage.
- Anupriya Lakra(23) daughter of a Havildar in Odisha Police becomes first woman pilot from Odisha’s Naxal-hit Region.
- Core inflation, which excludes food and energy prices, likely got a boost last month from a surge in gold prices, which recently hit a six-year high. The central bank reduced its policy rate to 5.40 per cent on August 7 and has lowered the rate by 110 basis points this year.
- Archbishop of Canterbury Reverend Justin Welby apologises for Jallianwala massacre
- Prime minister Narendra Modi and NepalePrime minister K P Oli on jointly inaugurated the first-ever cross-border petroleum Motihari-Amlekhganj oil pipeline in South Asia.
- The Special Task Force (STF) of Kolkata Police has arrested an operative of the terror outfit Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB) from Chennai.
- The RSS: Roadmaps For The 21st Century (Rupa Books) authored by Sunil Ambekar, national secretary of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the student wing of the RSS softens its line on gay marriage.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) resurrected the Air Force Station (AFS) Ambala-based 17 Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’, which will operate the first squadron of Rafale fighter jets in the near future.
- A former legislator from Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party has sought asylum in India, claiming that minorities were deprived of their rights in the neighbouring nation.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced his intention to annex the Jordan Valley in the West Bank if re-elected.
- India slams J&K reference in Pak-China statement.
- Pak foreign minister refers to J&K as ‘Indian state in the UN Human Rights Council. While Rahul, Omar quoted in Pak document at UNHRC.
- Donald Trump fires National Security Advisor John Bolton.
- The British Airline Pilots’ Association (BALPA) struck work on Monday and Tuesday after nine-month long talks with the management had failed. Some media reports suggest the strike is due to end at midnight on Tuesday though there could be cancellations on Wednesday too.
- India has finalised a road map to spend $130 billion in the next five to seven years to modernise the armed forces and bolster their combat capabilities.
- Tennis star Serena Williams was defeated in the final match of the 2019 US Open against the 19-year-old Canadian player Bianca Andreescu.
- World Chess Championships: Nihal stuns Cori; Hari, Adhiban win.
- SENSEX -37145.45 (163.68)
- NIFTY -11003.05 (56.85)
- GOLD (MCX 10 GM) -38240.00 (-232.00)
- SILVER (MCX 1 KG) -47804.00 (63.00)
- USD ($) / INR(Rupees Icon) -71.81 (-0.19)
IINDO- CHINA RELATIONSHIP
SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2019: Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar urged Chinese businesses to look at India as an export destination from where they can sell their products to various countries.
“Now, it is time therefore for the Chinese companies for investment in India, make in India and the export from India, whether it is back to China or is to Africa or to the US, as these goods will go from India. “And I think that’s the investment that we are really looking for because that will be helping us both in terms of our economy generation to make in India and increasing our exports,” he said.
Meanwhile, five memoranda of understanding were exchanged during the occasion. These include, between CII and China Association of Circular Economy, China Datang Technologies and Engineering and Gujarat Electricity Cooperation, and Beijing Membrance Technology and Client Nature Tech Enviro Protection.
India-China bilateral trade stood at USD 87 billion during 2018-19.
FACTBOOK MUHARRAM [المحرّم]
- Muharram is the first month of the Islamic Calendar with which the Muslims begin their lunar Hijrah Calendar.
- It is one of the four sanctified months about which the Holy Quran says, “The number of the months according to Allah is twelve (mentioned) in the Book of Allah on the day He created heavens and the earth. Among these (twelve months) there are four sanctified.”
- Early Makkah attributed themselves to Sayyidina Ibrahim, they observed the sanctity of these four months and despite their frequent tribal battles, they held it unlawful to fight in these months.
- These four months, according to the authentic traditions, are Dhul-Qa’dah, Dhul-Hijjah, Muharram and Rajab.
- Muharram[month of Muharram] is a month of remembrance, it is also known as Ashura. Ashoura[The day is named ‘Ashurah’ Literary means 10th and derived from Hebrew ʿāsōr עשרה via Babylonian Ahur vis Sanskrit Asur]. is marked on the tenth day of Muharram, by all Muslims.
- Ashura marks the day Nuh (Noah) left the Ark after the great flood and the day Musa (Moses) was saved from the Pharaoh of Egypt by God. Prophet Muhammad used to fast on Ashura in Mecca, where it was a common tradition for the early Muslims and the dwellers of Mecca City.
- When Prophet Muhammad, came to Madinah, he fasted on the day of ‘Ashura’ and directed the people to fast. But when the fasts of Ramadan were made obligatory, the obligation of fasting was confined to Ramadan and the obligatory nature of the fast of ‘Ashura’ was abandoned. Jews used to fast on the day of Ashura alone, and Prophet Muhammad wanted to distinguish the Muslim way of fasting from that of Jews.
- Shia Muslims celebrate this day to mourn the death of Ali`s son Husayn Ibn Ali. All celebratory events are avoided out of respect, during the first ten days of the month.
- Ali the father of Husayn Ibn Ali was murdered in AD 661 and his leading opponent Muawiya bin Abu Sufiyan became Caliph. Muawiya was succeeded by his son Yazid. Ali’s son Hussein Ibn Ali refused to accept Yazid’s legitimacy.
- Shia means “the supporters” in Arabic.
- Husayn Ibn Ali, grandson of Prophet Muhammad was beheaded during the Battle of Karbala near the Euphrates river on the tenth day of Muharram in 680 CE [Muharram 10, 61 AH]. Hereditary line of Imams continues through Hazrat Imam Husayn’s son, Imam Zayn al-Abidin, Sunnis denied it. Ali Husayn’s sister Zaynab was taken away as a slave to Damasks.
- The death of Imam al-Hussein is considered by the Shia community as a symbol of humanity’s struggle against injustice, tyranny and oppression.
- Sunni Muslims [follower of ‘Sunna’-tradition of Muhammad] observe this day to celebrate the victory of Moses over Egyptian Pharaoh.
You May Like :
- “Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world”: UNESCO said it Fake
- Police brutality on Tis Hazari lawyers: HC orders FIR, CBI assisted inquiry, suspension of police and Ex-gratia compensation
- Indira Gandhi mentioned Veer Savarkar as remarkable son of India
- Maharastra BJP Election manifesto 2019 asking government to confer Bharat Ratna to Savarkar
- High court refused bail to activists arrested for Koregaon Bhima violence
- An Examination of Facebook and Its Impact on the Financial Services and Housing Sectors
- Social media can be forced to delete content worldwide: Court of Justice EU
- The SC Collegium recommended V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy, as SC judges
- Calcutta High Court has removed protection from Ex-Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar-13/09/2019
- Pakistan Prime minister coined and propagated ‘Hindu supremacy’ theory by multiple twitting
- Ban on Indian movies to be continued in Pakistan
- Pakistan to downgrade diplomatic ties with India
- Saudi Arabia and some other Arab countries have been rejecting Pakistan granted PG degree programme of MS and MD
- Collegium put Justice Protik Prakash Banerjee in watching list for the next six months as Addl judge while permanenting another five judges of CHC
- The trump card: United state avoided the K-370 question describing it as an “internal matter”
- CALCUTTA HIGH COURT IS ANGRY ON MEDICAL COUNCIL FOR SITTING IDLE ON A COMPLAINT OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE
- CBI registered a criminal case against Lawyers Collective for violations of the FCRA rules
- India with Israel voted against Palestinian NGO connected with terrorism in UN
- The President of India has appointed Shri Narendra Damodardas Modi to be the Prime Minister of India on 30.05.2019
- Union Home Minister launches Smart Fencing on Indo-Bangladesh border, an effective deterrence against illegal infiltration
Categories: Current Affairs