- Polls for Block Development Councils in J&K by month-end
- India counters Pak. statements on J&K at UN rights meet
- Telangana to have Constitution Club aT New Delhi for sitting and ex- Parliamentarians.
- Pramod Kumar Mishra has been appointed the new principal secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Mishra was the additional principal secretary to the prime minister and was also holding the rank of a Cabinet minister.
- India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) today agreed to review their free-trade agreement (FTA) due to the criticism from the domestic industry that the deal was helping imports rise much faster than exports.
- Kerala will set up India’s first International Women’s Trade Centre (IWTC) in Kozhikode to boost women entrepreneurship and secure gender parity. It is an important Gender Park under the Department of Social Justice of Kerala Government. It will have women’s start-up and incubation center, retail fashion and technology outlets, health and wellness centers, business centers and offices, conference-convention-exhibition spaces, performing arts center, residential suites and day-care for seniors and children.
- The National Conference on crop residue management organised by govt. of India in collaboration with ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) was held in New Delhi, with nearly 1000 farmers participating in the conference. Union Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar addressed the event.
- The Government of India announced humanitarian assistance of $1 million as immediate disaster relief to help people in The Bahamas affected by Hurricane (tropical cyclone) Dorian which has caused large scale destruction. The death toll is more than 40 and is likely to increase.
- New Motor Vehicles Act will not be implemented in Bengal: Mamata
- Supreme Court agrees to hear plea to live-stream Ayodhya title dispute hearings
- India asks China, Pakistan to end activities related to China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in PoK
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend the Parliament less than two months before Britain, is due to leave the European Union was unlawful, a Scottish court ruled on Wednesday though it said Britain’s top court must make the final decision.
- China announced its first part of tariff exemptions for 16 types of US products, days ahead of a planned meeting between trade negotiators from the two countries to try and de-escalate their bruising tariff row. Goods include some anti-cancer drugs and lubricants, as well as the animal feed ingredients whey and fish meal.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, who has contacts with the leadership in India and Pakistan, remains very concerned about any potential escalation between the two countries over Kashmir and appeals to both sides to deal with the issue through dialogue, his spokesperson said.
Union minister Smriti Irani on Tuesday[10th September 2019] lambasted chief minister Mamata Banerjee for opposing the National Register of Citizens (NRC), asserting the Narendra Modi government was committed to protecting the rights of every citizen and that illegal immigrants would be “dealt with accordingly”.
Irani recollected that Mamata had hit the streets during her days[Ten years back] in the Opposition demanding proper identity verification for voting. Mamata should remember that she observes “Martyrs’ Day” on July 21 every year, Irani said. On July 21, 1993, Mamata — then a Congress leader – was leading a rally with the demand when police firing killed 13 Youth Congress supporters.
“She, as a parliamentarian then, had torn off papers and thrown them, aiming them at the Deputy Speaker in the Lok Sabha, for not allowing her to move an adjournment motion. Now she is vehemently opposing NRC,” said Irani.
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) today announced that it will invest more than Rs 13,000 crore in exploring oil and gas by drilling over 220 wells across Assam in the next five years.
- One of the largest private steel makers of India, JSW Steel, recorded a 13 per cent drop in crude steel production in August 2019. JSW Steel said that the production was lower due to a planned shutdown at Vijaynagar works and severe monsoon impact at Dolvi works.
TODAY’S REVIEW (August 2019)
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) released a draft on National Resource Efficiency Policy (NREP) 2019. It aims to streamline the efficient use of the resources with a minimum negative impact on the environment.
- On August 19, a group of expert’s panel headed by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) legislative member Akhilesh Ranjan who was appointed as the convener of the task force in November 2018 by the finance ministry submitted a report to Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance Minister), to replace the Income Tax Act with a new Direct Tax Code (DTC).
- On August 19, National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU) to work jointly to accelerate, expand and achieve the objective of National Solar Mission through training programmes
QUICK SUMMARY OF THE PAST DAYS
- ED summons Shivakumar’s daughter in money laundering case
- INLD vice-president Ashok Arora quits party
- Urmila Matondkar quits Congress, cites ‘in-house politics’
- Elgar case: Pune cops search DU professor’s house
- Police drop murder charge in Tabrez case
- Boris Johnson suspends UK Parliament after latest Brexit defeat
- Pakistan’s former legislator seeks asylum in India
- Jack Ma steps down as Alibaba chairman
- North Korea fires 2 projectiles after offering talks with US
- Restrictions reimposed in several parts of Kashmir
- Supreme Court takes up question of marriage before 18
- Trump fires national security adviser
Logical reasoning tests are designed to assess a candidate’s ability and reaction at a given problem as to interpret patterns, number sequences, the relationships between shapes or to accurately understand any statement in a given context.
What are Psychometric Tests
The term ‘psychometric’ is coined from the Greek words for mental and measurement. There are three main areas that the tests explore: it measures candidates capabilities, intelligence, aptitude, suitability for the job, and to determine whether the job seeker`s personality fits with the setups of the organisation .
Numerical reasoning test-To identify how you interpret data, often via a combination of written and statistical information presented in reports, graphs or charts.
Verbal reasoning test- Used as a way to determine the ability to evaluate detailed written information for decision making
Inductive reasoning test– To identify trends or patterns, typically using diagrammatic information.
Diagrammatic reasoning test –To assess capacity for logical reasoning, using flowcharts and diagrams.
Logical reasoning test– Aims to evaluate skills in reaching a conclusion.
Error checking test– Assesses ability to quickly identify any errors in complex data sets.
Categories: Current Affairs