Union Home Minister Amit Shah today in the occasion of Hindi Diwas pitched for a common language for the country and said it is Hindi which is spoken the most and can unite the whole country.
On Hindi Diwas, Shah, in a series of tweets said, “India is a country of different languages and every language has its own importance but it is very important to have a language of the whole country which should become the identity of India in the world. Today, if one language can do the work of tying the country to the door of unity, then it is the most spoken Hindi language.”
“Today, on the occasion of Hindi Day, I appeal to all the citizens of the country that we should increase the use of our mother tongue and also use the Hindi language as one language to realise the dreams of Bapu and iron man Sardar Patel. Happy Hindi Day,” he said.
- Telangana High Court retired judge B. Siva Sankara Rao took charge as chairman of the Judicial Preview Committee (JPC) constituted by the Andhra Pradesh Government for scrutinizing tenders of all projects costing more than Rs.100 crore. Siva Sankara Rao has been appointed chairman of the JPC in accordance with the A.P. Infrastructure (Transparency through Judicial Preview) Act, 2019 which was passed in the State Legislature recently.
- The names of all National Register of Citizens (NRC) applicants have been published online, the office of the NRC State Coordinator said today in Guwahati. It was also added that the names of all the 3.30 crore applicants as per draft NRC and supplementary list of inclusions and exclusions (final NRC) have been published.
- On the occasion of Hindi Diwas, Union Home Minister Amit Shah today stressed on the need to have a unifying language that becomes a mark of India’s identity in the world and keeps ‘foreign languages’ from finding a place in the country.
- In order to check malpractices in GST, the GST Network today decided to make Aadhaar authentication or physical verification mandatory for new dealers from January 2020.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology on 12th September, constituted a committee under the chairmanship of Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest how the government should look at regulating it.
- The West Bengal Government will accept the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission and is likely to implement it from January 1, 2020, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on September 13.
- China will exempt some agricultural products from additional tariffs on US goods, China’s official Xinhua News Agency said on September 13,It is a step towards the latest sign of easing Sino-US tensions before a new rounds of talks aimed at curbing a bruising trade war.
- India participates in the 84th Edition of Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF) for the year 2019 in Greece from 7-15 September 2019. Indian delegation was led by Minister of State (MoS) for Commerce and Industry, Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Hamza bin Laden, designated heir of Al-Qaeda, was killed in a counter-terrorism operation along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.The 15th of Osama bin Laden’s 20 children and a son of his third wife, Hamza, thought to be about 30 years old, was “emerging as a leader in the Al-Qaeda franchise.”
- On September 13, the Pakistan army raised the white flag and recovered the bodies. Indian Army respects the dead and so permitted the same- India Army said so while publishing a VDO footage as per ANI.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharamam on Saturday announced a new scheme — Remission of Duties or Taxes on Export Product (RoDTEP).It will incentivise exporters at an estimated cost of Rs 50,000 crore to the exchequer. She said RoDTEP will replace the existing incentive schemes and will more adequately incentivise exporters.
- The government today announced Rs 10,000 crore special window to provide the remaining funding for completion of ongoing housing projects which are not NPAs or facing bankruptcy proceedings under NCLT. Announcing the measure, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the government will contribute Rs 10,000 crore for the special window and roughly the same amount is expected from outside investors.
- India’s leading telecom operators Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel have decided to partner non-Chinese equipment manufacturers for their 5G trials. While Jio has tied up with Samsung, Airtel has finalised agreements with European telecom majors Ericsson and Nokia.The two companies have sought the Department of Telecommunications’ (DoT’s) permission for the trial run. The move comes after US and some of its allies banned the purchase of Chinese telecom gear over security concerns.
- NCP MP Udayanraje Bhosale, Shivaji’s descendant, joins BJP
- Bharatiya Janata Party president and Union Home Minister Amit Shah and his party colleagues mopped the floor at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and met sanitation workers and children admitted at the hospital as he launched a ‘seva saptah’ (week of service) on Saturday to celebrate Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday on September 17
- DMK criticises Amit Shah’s ‘one nation, one language’ theory on the Eve of Hindi Diwas as Shah mentioned that Hindi is binding force in India.
REVIEW TODAY [August]
- On August 22, 2019, Shri Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change stated that in order to boost the investment in wind power projects, the Government has decided to relax the mandatory charging of lease rent of Rs 30000 per MW for wind power projects.
- On August 23, 2019, the Advisory Board for Banking Frauds (ABBF) which was a 4 member board headed by former Vigilance Commissioner T M Bhasin , was constituted by The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) to look into bank fraud cases of over 50 crore rupees and above and to take necessary action.
- On August 25, 2019, Shri Prabhakar Singh, Director General (DG), Central Public Works Department (CPWD) was chosen for the ‘Eminent Engineer Award’ for the Year 2019.
- The award will be conferred on ‘Engineers Day’ on September 15, 2019 in New Delhi.
- On August 21, 2019, a variety of tea grown in Arunachal Pradesh touched the record heights set by Assam tea on August 13, 2019 where Dikom Tea Estate of Assam had sold its Golden Butterfly tea at Rs 75,000 per kg at the Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC). ‘Golden Needle’ tea produced by Donyipolo Tea Estate in Arunachal Pradesh was sold by Contemporary Tea Brokers at the same price and was bought by city-based buyer Chattar Singh Narendra Kumar for an online tea seller Absolute Tea.
- The 2019 World Archery Youth Championships took place from 19-25 August 2019 in Madrid, Spain. India had totally won 2 golds and 1 bronze .Raginee Markoo and Singh Sukhbeer won India’s first gold medal by beating Switzerland’s Janine Hunsperger and Andrea Vallaro, The second gold to India was earned by Komalika Bari, She became therecurve cadet world champion at the World Archery Youth Championship by defeating higher-ranked Sonoda Waka of Japan by 7-3 in the final.
- The Bruhath Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), with the support of Handson CSR, has been turning the once barren, rocky, extensively quarried 25-acre space into a tree park. Handson CSR is a voluntary organisation connecting corporate social responsibility wings of various industries with the government for developmental as well as environmental conservation projects.
- Ayodhya: The SC on Friday Sep 13, 2019 asked the Muslim parties about the origins of the holiest place in Islam as their counsel contested the stand of Ram Janmabhoomi (birthplace of Ram) being a juristic personality (a legal entity having stakes in the case) in the Ayodhya title dispute.
- Dubai-Drones hit 2 Saudi Arabia Aramco oil processing plant in Buqyaq and at the Khurais oil field.
- All India Tennis Association (AITA) on Friday announced the new dates for the Davis Cup tie between India and Pakistan which will be held in Islamabad tentatively on November 29-30 or on November 30-December 1 this year. “The security situation will be reviewed on November 4 whether the tie can be held in Islamabad or to be shifted to a neutral venue,” AITA said in a statement.
- Kiren Rijiju urges cricketers to promote Fit India movement.
- Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa invites PV Sindhu to inaugurate ‘Yuva Dasara 2019’.
SOLVE THE FOLLOWING OBJECTIVE QUESTION [Vedas]
1) Which of the following Vedas deals with Ayurveda?
2) Which one is not a Vedic Text
(d) All the above
3) The Vedic religion actually known as
(c) Sanatan Dharma
(d) Vedic Dharma
4) The Vedic word Arya means
(a) a gentle man
(b) an warrior
(c) a Brahmin
(d) a special messenger
5) Which of the following contains the famous 24 letters Gayatrimantra?
(d) Satapath Brahmana
6) The famous Gayatrimantra is addressed to
7) Two highest ,gods in the Vedic religion were
(a) Agni and Savitri
(b) Vishnu and Mitra
(c) Indra and Varuna
(d) Surya and Pushan
8) Division of the Vedic society into four Varna is clearly mentioned in the
(a) Nasadiya Sukta
(b) Purusa-Sukta of Rigveda
(c) Aswalayan Grihya Sutra
(d) Shatapatha Brahmana
9) Who is mentioned as ‘a breaker of the forts’ and also a ‘war god’
काश्मीर् विषये व्यवहारः न भविष्यतीति ऐक्यराष्ट्रसभा :
जनीवा September 12, 2019 : यू एन् संस्थायाः
मानवाधिकारसमित्यां पाकिस्थानस्य भारतविरुद्धप्रस्तावे तद्राष्ट्रं सभायामेव प्रत्याघातविधेयमभवत्। काश्मीर्विषये मानवाधिकारसमित्याः व्यवहारः अवश्य इति पाकिस्थानस्य निर्देशः समित्या निरस्तः।
यू एन् मुख्यकार्यदर्शिनः वक्त्रा स्टीफन् डुजरिक् इत्यनेन स्पष्टीकृतं यत् अस्मिन् विषये द्वयोः राष्ट्रयोः वादप्रतिवादान् सम्यगधिगम्य यू एन् संस्थायाः मुख्यकार्यदर्शी अन्टोणियो गुटरस् वर्यः राष्ट्रद्वयं प्रति चर्चां कृतवान्। काश्मीरविषये ऐक्यराष्ट्रसभायाः पूर्वस्यां पदस्थित्यां व्यत्ययः न जातः, समस्या उभयोः राष्ट्रयोः परस्परचर्चया परिहर्तव्या इत्येव यू एन् समित्याः मतमिति स्टीफन् वर्येण उक्तम्।। [Source Samprati Vartah]
9) Who is the master of Rita[truth] in Rig Veda