Father of India: Donald Trump calling PM Modi Father of India on Tuesday when two leaders met at the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, heaped praises on each other during the press briefing.
Agriculture Debt Redemption: Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSRCP government on Wednesday removed the Agriculture Debt Redemption Scheme, 2014, which was brought in by the previous N Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP government in Andhra Pradesh.
Kartarpur: Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh will lead an all-party delegation across the border to Sri Kartarpur Sahib on the opening day of the corridor on November 9.
- MS Dhoni is most popular in India after PM Modi
- Samsung Galaxy Fold could launch in India on October 1
- ED case against Sharad Pawar focuses on money trail and diversion of funds
- Madhuri Dixit to be Maharashtra poll goodwill ambassador
- Mukesh Ambani tops list of richest Indians for 8th consecutive year with Rs 380,700 crore net worth
- DadaSaheb Phalke Award for Amitabh Bachchan for 2019.
Foreign award: Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Wednesday conferred the “Global Goalkeeper” award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by his government.
POK Earthquake: The death toll in the devastating earthquake that rattled Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and several north-eastern cities in the country rose to 37 on Wednesday as authorities stepped up rescue operations to save people trapped in debris of several toppled buildings.
First astronaut from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) lifted off into space, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday hailed the country’s first astronaut and said that India takes inspiration from it for its human space programme. Hazzaa al-Mansoori became the first astronaut from the UAE to fly to the International Space Station on Wednesday.
India-US trade deal: Addressing media after a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday, US President Donald Trump said that India and the United States will have a trade deal very soon.
Terror: Saudi Arabia has said it is enhancing cooperation with India to combat terrorism, including choking funds to terror networks and exchange of information and intelligence. Saudi ambassador Dr Saud bin Mohammed Al Sati said India and Saudi Arabia are closely cooperating with each other in fighting terrorism.
Kashmir issue: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday said he was ‘disappointed’ with the lack of response from the international community over the Kashmir issue.
Impeachment: United States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday announced the launch of a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump after a controversy erupted between him and Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
US companies: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Wednesday, told the companies in the United States that if they want to invest in a market with scale, they should come to India. He was addressing at Global Business Forum in New York.
MARKET TODAY 25 Sep, 2019
- SENSEX – 38593.52 (-503.62)
- NIFTY -11440.20 (-148.00)
- GOLD (MCX 10 GM)-37596.00 (-512.00)
- SILVER (MCX 1 KG)-46775.00 (-1247.00)
- USD ($) / INR(Rupees Icon)-70.70 (-0.03)
- 25 richest Indians now have net worth equal to 10% of the country’s GDP
- Trump hints at ending trade war with China, says deal could happen soon
- Govt reconstitutes EAC-PM till 2021, Bibek Debroy retained as chairman
- Saudi Arabia restores oil output to 11.3 million bpd after Aramco attacks
Categories: Current Affairs