INDIAN CURRENCY: The rupee declined by 21 paise to close at a three-week low of 71.23 against the US currency on Monday 14th as investors rushed to safe-haven bets on fading hopes of an initial trade deal between the US and China. Three major safe-haven currencies are the U.S. dollar and U.S. Treasuries; the Japanese yen and Japan’s government bonds; and the Swiss franc and Swiss government bonds.
Kolkata: In an explosive outburst West Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhankar has accused the Mamata Banerjee government of “insulting” him by “blacking him out” after inviting him at the Durga Puja carnival on Red Road.
Hyderabad: Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan on Tuesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and home minister Amit Shah and briefed them on the ongoing Road Transport Corporation (RTC) strike.
CHOPPER SCAME: The Supreme Court today set aside a Delhi High Court order restraining the Income Tax department from taking any action against VVIP chopper scam accused Gautam Khaitan, against whom a separate black money case has been lodged. A three-judge bench headed by justice Arun Mishra directed the high court to decide the matter afresh.
- Day-to-day hearing on Ayodhya case to end on Oct 16: Chief Justice
- INX Media Case: P Chidambaram to be arrested by ED tomorrow
- Koregaon Bhima case: HC refuses bail to 3 activists
- Maharastra BJP Election manifesto 2019 asking government to confer Bharat Ratna to Savarkar
- India is 102 in Hunger Index of 117 nations.
PAKISTAN: Pakistan is on the verge of strong action by the international terror financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the country may be put in the ‘Dark Grey’ list, the last warning to improve.
BOOKER: Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo jointly won the 2019 Booker Prize on Monday after judges “flouted” the rules by declaring a tie.
- SENSEX- 38506.09 (291.62)
- NIFTY-11428.30 (87.15)
- GOLD (MCX 10 GM)-38045.00 (-181.00)
- SILVER (MCX 1 KG)-45280.00 (-524.00)
- USD ($) / INR(Rupees Icon)-70.58 (-0.1)