Jammu and Kashmir : India has slammed Pakistan for raising the issue of Jammu and Kashmir at a forum of the United Nations, saying the country employs “empty rhetoric”. Minister in India’s Permanent Mission to the UN Deepak Misra without taking name of Pakistan but his remarks were in response to a statement by Islamabad’s UN envoy Maleeha Lodhi, who while speaking at forum last week, had yet again raked up the issue of Jammu and Kashmir. Rejecting Pakistan’s reaction, India has categorically told the international community that its move on Kashmir is an internal matter.
BSF jawan’s killing: A misunderstanding led to BSF jawan’s killing. The recent killing of a Border Security Force jawan by a Bangladeshi border guard won’t have an impact on bilateral ties, Bangladesh home minister Asaduzzaman Khan said on today he would talk to Amit Shah, if needed, to “defuse the situation”.
- FIR against Border Guard Bangladesh over BSF jawan’s killing
- IN INX Media case, CBI alleges quid pro quo.
- Modi’s Turkey visit put off over Erdogan’s Kashmir remarks.
- Over 1,000 cracker shops will be set up in the city this time following clearance from the Tamil Nadu Fire And Rescue Services and the Police Department.
- Mars once had salt lakes that went through wet and dry phases similar to those on Earth, according to a study published in the journal Nature Geoscience.
- Six communities want to be delisted from the Scheduled Castes list Tamil Nadu.
- CM Yogi calls Hindu leader Kamlesh Tiwari murder act of mischief recommended for SIT to probe the case. UP DGP calls it ‘a radicalised operation’, in this connection threee muslim men were arrested.
- ED searches DHFL premises over exposure to firm linked to Iqbal Mirchi by Republic TV.
- IMF backs India’s corporation tax cut, says it will help revive investment
Spacewalk: In a historic first, United States astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir became the first all-female pairing to carry out a spacewalk. Koch and Meir walked outside the International Space Station to replace a faulty battery unit. Congratulating the two astronauts, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said they are an inspiration to women.
Pelosi tweeted: “@NASA has captured the imaginations of the world for generations. Congratulations to @Astro_Christina & @Astro_Jessica for leaving their mark on history with today’s #AllWomanSpacewalk. You are an inspiration to women & girls across America.”
Brexit deal : In a historic weekend Parliament session, the first in 37 years, British MPs on Saturday voted to back a motion that delays the vote on British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal struck with the European Union. Boris Johnson says he won’t seek an extension from EU.
TOP JOB: Former anti-corruption body head and the first tax department chief under the Modi government K V Chowdary has joined the board of India’s most valuable company Reliance Industries as an independent director. A 1978-batch Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Chowdary was in August 2014 appointed as chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the top policy-making body of the income tax department.
RELIANCE: RIL’s market valuation topped Rs 9 trillion in intra-day trade on Friday, becoming the first domestic company to do so. Shares of the company rose as much as 2.3 percent before giving up some gains to end at Rs 1,415, up 1.4 percent. At close, the company was valued at Rs 8.98 trillion ($125 billion). Currently, RIL ranks 68th globally in terms of market value.
Categories: Current Affairs