DELHI : Cricketer-turned-politician Gautam Gambhir took a swipe at the Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi soon after the Centre decided to give ownership rights to over 1,700 unauthorised colonies in Delhi on Wednesday. “They promise, we deliver! He said
D K SHIVAKUMAR: Karnataka Congress leader D K Shivakumar was released from Tihar Jail on Wednesday evening following the Delhi high court order granting him bail, said a jail official. He is accused in a money laundering case filed by the Enforcement Directorate.
BSNL REVIVAL: “I congratulate PM @narendramodi Ji for taking unprecedented steps to revive BSNL & MTNL, also to make them more competitive. Funding of over Rs 20,000 crore through capital infusion will be made and Sovereign guarantee for long term bonds of Rs 15,000 crore will also be provided,” tweeted Amit Shah.
INFOSYS : Leading exchange BSE on Wednesday asked Infosys to explain why it did not make a disclosure about a whistleblower complaint which alleged that the company’s top executives were following “unethical practices” to shore up profits through irregular accounting ways.
- Merkel on 3-day visit to India from October 31
- Mohun Bagan confers life membership to Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee
- The Congress will hold nationwide protests from November 5 to 15 against the Modi government’s alleged “anti-people” economic policies
- Subhash Chopra appointed as the new chief of Delhi Congress. Kirti Azad will be the campaign committee chairman of the unit.
- Govt to merge BSNL, MTNL; unveils Rs 68,751-cr revival package
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday sanctioned an immediate financial help of Rs 15 lakh to the wife of Kamlesh Tiwari, a Hindu outfit leader who was killed last week.
- The CBI has filed an FIR against former Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat for alleged attempts of horse trading in 2016
- Centre approves proposal to grant ownership rights to people in unauthorised colonies in Delhi
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration has procured around 1.34 lakh boxes of apple from fruit growers in south Kashmir under the Marketing Intervention Scheme
- Filmmaker Aparna Sen raises concern over the brutal murder of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari.
- J&K DGP Dilbag Singh briefs the media in Srinagar. “In Tral, three local militants associated with the Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind were killed yesterday”.
BREXIT: The European Parliament’s chief Brexit official says that a three-month flexible extension of the deadline beyond October 31 is the only option. Guy Verhofstadt, a member of European Parliament, said after a meeting of EU expert legislators that MEPs would need the necessary time to check the details of the EU-UK withdrawal agreement
SYRIA: US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that a “small number” of US troops will remain at Syria’s oil fields despite a broader American withdrawal from the country.”We have secured the oil and, therefore, a small number of US troops will remain in the area where they have the oil,” he said.
- IMF sees Indian economic growth rebounding to 7% next fiscal
- Pakistani singer Rabi Pirzada was massively trolled by Twitter users for posting a picture wearing what appeared to be a suicide vest in order to threaten Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 39 bodies found in a truck container near London: British police
- SENSEX- 39058.83 (94.99)
- NIFTY-11604.10 (15.75)
- GOLD (MCX 10 GM)-38002.00 (121.00)
- SILVER (MCX 1 KG)-45270.00 (94.00)
- USD ($) / INR(Rupees Icon)-70.69 (-0.3)
Paving the way of entry of new players in the fuel marketing space, the government on Wednesday approved changes in a policy that restricted entry to Rs 2,000 crore investment or bank guarantee in the petroleum sector. With this newer players like Total, Adani, Saudi Aramco and even super markets can open outlets for selling automobile fuel without this requirement. The entities seeking authorisation would need to have a minimum net worth of Rs 250 crore only.The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved changes under the Review of Guidelines for Granting Authorization to market Transportation Fuels. “The existing policy for granting authorization to market transportation fuels had not undergone any change for the last 17 years since 2002. It has now been revised to bring it in line with the changing market dynamics and with a view to encourage investment from private players, including foreign players, in this sector,” said a government press release.
- BSNL-MTNL merger gets nod, firms can raise Rs 15k cr via sovereign bonds
- Cabinet raises support price by Rs 85 a qtl for wheat, Rs 325 for pulses
- Sebi starts probe into whistleblower’s complaint against Infosys management
Google said on Wednesday it had achieved a breakthrough in computer research, by solving a complex problem in minutes with a so-called quantum computer that would take today’s most powerful supercomputer thousands of years to crack. CEO Sundar Pichai compared the achievement to building the first rocket to leave the Earth’s atmosphere and touch the edge of space, an advance that brought interplanetary travel into the realm of the possible.
“For those of us working in science and technology, it’s the ‘hello world’ moment we’ve been waiting for – the most meaningful milestone to date in the quest to date to make quantum computing a reality,” Pichai wrote in a blog.