COW SLAUGHTER: The Rajasthan High Court Through Justice Pankaj Bhandari Wednesday quashed a cow-smuggling case against Pehlu Khan who was lynched by a mob in Alwar on April 1, 2017, his two sons and owner of the truck, for allegedly illegally transporting cows for slaughter.
TAMIL NADU: A day after the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) in Tamil Nadu denied any hacking of its control system, the Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL) on Wednesday confirmed the presence of malware in one of the computers. The nuclear corporation, however, added that the “systems are not affected” by the cyberattack.
BENGAL LABOUR KILLING: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced a compensation of ₹5 lakh each for the families of labourers gunned down in Kulgam in south Kashmir. Describing it as the “most unfortunate incident”, Ms. Banerjee demanded “a strong investigation.”
EU DELEGATIONS:Members of European Parliament (MEPs), visiting Srinagar, on Wednesday said “terrorism is a severe problem in Kashmir” and named Pakistan as its source. They felt India’s move to abrogate provisions of Article 370 that gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir was an internal issue.
- In INX Media case Chidambaram sent to Tihar jail till November 13
- Pranjal Srivastava aged 15 only is India’s youngest gold medalist at International Maths Olympiad
- BJP ally JD(U), which had refused to join the Narendra Modi government in June 2019, on October 30 pushed for a “proportionate representation” for the party in the Union Cabinet
- Dr. Farooq Abdullah’s detention under the Public Safety Act (PSA) has been extended to three months.
- Yediyurappa Government in Karnataka is Considering proposal to drop Tipu Sultan from textbooks.
- Naxalites of the banned Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC) set three trucks on fire in Jharkhand.
- Justice Bobde will become the 47th CJI on November 18 succeeding Justice Ranjan Gogoi
PRIVACY BREACH: Facebook on Wednesday agreed to pay a £5,00,000 ($6,44,0000) fine for breaches of data protection law related to the harvesting of data by consultancy Cambridge Analytica, Britain’s information regulator said.
WASHINGTON: The US House of Representatives tuesday passed resolution to officially recognizing the “Armenian genocide.” The chamber voted 405 to 11 in support of the symbolic resolution “affirming the United States Record on the Armenian Genocide,” a first for the US Congress.
BEIJING: China, on Tuesday, said its approval is must for choosing the successor to Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama residing in India, rejecting the US’ assertion that the next-in-line to Tibet’s exiled leader will be selected by the Tibetan people themselves and not by Beijing.
- Imran Khan sends Navjot Sidhu special invite for Kartarpur corridor opening
- SENSEX- 40051.87 (220.03)
- NIFTY-11844.10 (57.25)
- GOLD (MCX 10 GM)-38089.00 (173.00)
- SILVER (MCX 1 KG)-46055.00 (66.00)
- USD ($) / INR(Rupees Icon)-70.48 (-0.14)
Govt shall bring gold amnesty scheme to unearth black money. The industry had suggested a new model for gold amnesty scheme to ensure its success as paying up front taxes on the value assets would attract few takers.
- India to invest Rs 1 trillion in setting up 100 new airports by 2024
- India will not sign any free-trade agreement in a rush, assures Goyal
- The Govt is planning to introduce e-way bill on gold movement to check GST evasion
- Rupee slips 6 paise against dollar ahead of US Fed policy outcome
Categories: Current Affairs