After a high powered committee meeting, Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) on Sunday issued a health advisory for sevayats and the devotees. SJTA Chief Administrator Krishan Kumar said in a statement that the devotees will be allowed to enter the temple after filling up the self-declaration form about the travel history of their family members to foreign countries in the last 15 days. Besides, they will have to mention if any of the family members suffering from cough, cold and fever.
The regulations :
- The servitors will perform their duties while wearing a mask inside the temple.
- The servitors are advised to wash their hands repeatedly.
- They have been advised not to spit paan in public places.
- They are directed not to touch their eyes, nose and mouth during interaction with people.
- The devotees are prohibited from touching the Aruna Stambha, outside the temple.
Prohibitions on touching the Garuda Stambha inside the shrine have also been imposed.
- The devotees will be barred from darshan of deities from the Jagamohan.
- The darshan from Bhitar Katha will be closed till April 15.
- To maintain social distancing, the devotees will not be allowed to eat the Mahaprasad in Anand Bazar premises inside the temple.
Puri district collector Balwant Singh said steps are being taken to start thermal screening of devotees outside the temple. All the restrictions and regulations will remain in force till April 15