CIVIL

Government asked Priyanka Vadra to vacate government bungalow by 1st August

Central Government has asked Congress General Secretary Priyanka Vadra to vacate the government bungalow at Lodhi Estates in Delhi. They have granted an extension till August 1, 2020. The letter sent to Priyanka by the Deputy Director of Estates states that rent / fine will have to be paid if staying in the bungalow even after the scheduled time.

In November last year, the government removed the SPG security cover of the Gandhi family. Now Congress President Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul Gandhi and daughter Priyanka Gandhi have been protected in the Z + category, which is responsible for the Central Reserve Police Force.

Congress spokesperson Charan Singh Sapra said in a conversation with a channel that ‘this step shows the politics of revenge’. He said that ‘Modi government has a changed attitude’. He said that he (BJP government) wants to de-motivate the Congress worker. The Congress spokesperson said that ‘Priyanka Gandhi is in danger, she is the daughter of Rajiv Gandhi who was killed in the terrorist attack. She is the granddaughter of Indira Gandhi who was brutally killed. ‘ He alleged that “We are moving towards Hitler Raj”.

Gandhi was allotted her Lodhi estate bungalow on February 21, 1997 on security ground as an SPG protectee. “Upon withdrawal of SPG protection and grant of Z+ security cover my ministry of home affairs, which have provision for allotment/retention of government accommodation on security grounds to you, the allotment of Type 6B house No 35, Lodhi estate is cancelled”, the notice from Union ministry of housing and urban affairs said.


 

Categories: CIVIL

Tagged as: