West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2020
West Bengal Judicial Service [ POST : Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.) ]
Vacancy: Anticipated Vacancy – 26
Unreserved – 16, Scheduled Caste – 03, Scheduled Tribe – 01,
OBC(A) – 03, OBC(B) – 02 and P.W.D. – 01( Category will be intimated later ).
- Commencement of submission of online application: The 7 th July, 2020.
- Closing date for submission of online application: The 2 nd August, 2020 (upto 12-00 midnight)
- Closing date for submission of fees through online: The 2 nd August, 2020 (upto 12-00 midnight)
- Closing date for submission of fees through offline: The 3 rd August, 2020.
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, WEST BENGAL
161 A ,S. P. MUKHERJEE ROAD, KOLKATA-700026
ADVERTISEMENT No.- 12 /2020
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination, 2020 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service. The necessary particulars are stated in the following paragraphs.
A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
The W.B.J.S. Examination will be held in three successive stages, viz.,
(i) Preliminary Examination (MCQ Type),
(ii) Final Examination (Conventional Type – Written) and
(iii) Personality Test. A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the
Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Final Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Final Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
The Preliminary Examination will be held in Kolkata (Code – 01) and Darjeeling (Code – 02) in October , 2020 or thereabout. Only candidates of Kalimpong District and three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Mirik and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling Centre. The Final written Examination will be held at Kolkata in January , 2021 or thereabout. Personality test will be held thereafter in the office of the Public Service Commission, West Bengal.
Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper of Objective Type containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 21 /2 hours’ duration.
Final Examination : The Final examination will consist of eight compulsory papers and three papers on optional subjects to be chosen by the candidates from the list of Optional Subjects. Each compulsory and Optional paper will carry 100 marks and will be of three hours duration.
Compulsory Papers :
- English: Composition, essay, précis writing ;
Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali composition, essay and translation from English into Bengali/Hindi/Urdu /Nepali/Santali ;
General Knowledge and Current Affairs ;
Civil procedure Code ;
- Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code ;
- Indian Evidence Act ;
- Law of Contracts and Torts and
- Transfer of Property Act.
Optional Papers (any three to be chosen) :
- Hindu Law ;
- Muhammadan Law ;
- Jurisprudence and principles of legislation ;
- Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance ;
- Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief ;
- Partnership Act ;
- Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription ;
- The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law.