Advertisement No. 1/2020 for the post of District Judge through Direct Recruitment from the Bar for the year, 2020
Extension of Last Date for submission/receipt of application for direct recruitment from the Bar as well as through Limited Competitive Examination in Cadre of District Judge for the Year-2020 ……
LAST DATE – 20/07/2020
HIGH COURT OF ORISSA: CUTTACK
Advertisement No. 01 of 2020
Applications in prescribed format are invited from eligible candidates for direct
recruitment from the Bar in the cadre of District Judge, for the year, 2020
NO. OF VACANCIES: – 17 (SEVENTEEN)
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION;
The Examination shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Orissa Superior Judicial Service and Orissa Judicial Service Rules, 2007.
(1) There shall be a written examination consisting of two papers carrying 100 marks each having duration of two hours.
Code of Civil Procedure -30 Marks,
Personal Law-30 Marks.
- Transfer of Property Act,
- Specific Relief Act,
- Limitation Act,
- Law of Contract,
- Orissa Consolidation of Holdings and Prevention of Fragmentation of Land Act,
- O.E.A. Act,
- Orissa Land Reforms Act and
- Law of Motor Accident Claim -40 Marks.
Code of Criminal Procedure- 30 Marks.
Indian Penal Code -30 Marks.
Indian Evidence Act- 30 Marks.
- N.D.P.S Act,
- Prevention of Food Adulteration
- Prevention of Corruption Act,
- Essential Commodities Act,
- Environment Protection Act,
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989-
(2) Interview: – Interview shall carry 30 marks.
Candidates shall be called for interview in proportion of 1.’10 provided that such candidates have obtained at least forty five percent marks in each of the written papers and fifty percent of marks in aggregate.
A candidate shall not be included in the merit list unless he / she secures a minimum of 40% of marks in the interview.