- Contempt of Court: Consultation Paper: Victoria Law reform commission - There are both civil and criminal contempts, but the distinction is unclear and has been described by the High Court as illusory. It has been said that contempt is a criminal offence but not a crime. When pursued as a criminal offence, a civil procedure is used to prosecute, and for some contempts, the court itself is the victim, witness, prosecutor, judge and jury.
- Death Penalty Abolition Act 1973 -Australia - Whereby any law referred to in subsection 3(2) (including a provision that would, but for this Act, have effect by virtue of such a law) it is provided that a person is liable to the punishment of death, the reference to the punishment of death shall be read, construed and applied as if the penalty of imprisonment for life were substituted for that punishment.
- FEDERAL REGISTER OF LEGISLATION-AUSTRALIA - The Federal Register of Legislation (the Legislation Register) is the authorised whole-of-government website for Commonwealth legislation and related documents. It contains the full text and details of the lifecycle of individual laws […]
- Intelligence Services Act 2001 - The functions of ASIS are: to obtain, in accordance with the Government’s requirements, intelligence about the capabilities, intentions or activities of people or organisations outside Australia
- Interpretation Act 1901- Australia - An Act for the Interpretation of Acts of Parliament and for Shortening their Language Part 1—Preliminary 1 Short title This Act may be cited as the Acts Interpretation Act 1901. 1A Simplified […]
- The Constitution of Australia - WHEREAS the people of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Tasmania, humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth under the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and under the Constitution