SUGGESTIONS FOR VISCERA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
1- About 10 ml. blood from the body of the deceased.
2. About 10 ml. urine from the urinary bladder of the deceased
3. Organs should be sent in separately along with preservative in separate vial.
4. Whole stomach with its contents.
5. On model autopsy house at each district.
6. Post mortem should be done by M.D. Doctor.
7. Viscera should not be preserve in spirit if the death is due to alcohol poisoning.
8. Viscera should not be preserve in sodium chloride if death is due to hydrochloric acid.
9. In snake bite or injection poisoning case. Piece of skin and tissue from the site of bite or mark.
10. In burning cases Ash with bones .
11. In exhumed body cases, skeleton with soil.
12. In abortion cases, uterus with foetus.
13. In gaseous poisoning lungs and blood .
14. In Neurotic poisoning , brain should be preserved.
15. In strychnine poisoning spinal chord should be preserved.
16. In Aconite and HCN poisoning heart should be preserved.
17. Tissues should be preserved in suspected animal poisoning cases.
18. PMR should be filled in NHRC proforma.
19. Seals of parcel/ jar’s/ bundles should be clear along with specimen seal.
20. Details of treatment should mentioned in treatment cases.
21. Cause of death should be clearly mentioned by Doctor in cases of Accident / AMI or disease.