- Appellate Committee of the House of Lords – Highest court in the United Kingdom - Appellate Committee of the House of Lords The House of Lords, when was exercising its appellate jurisdiction, was the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom. The House of Lords has exercised […]
- Assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto-UN Report 2009 - On 27 December 2007, former Pakistani Prime Minister Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto was assassinated as she left a campaign event at Liaquat Bagh, in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi. In the attack on Ms Bhutto, 24 other people were killed and 91 injured. After a request from the Government of Pakistan and extensive consultations with Pakistani officials as well as with members of the United Nations Security Council, the Secretary-General appointed a three member Commission of Inquiry to determine the facts and circumstances of the assassination of the former prime minister.
- Austin (FC) & Anr vs Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis-28/01/2009 - If the difference between a restriction of liberty and a deprivation of liberty was to be measured merely by the duration of the restriction, it would be hard to regard what happened in this case as anything other than a deprivation of liberty.
- Law of the People’s Republic of China on the People’s Armed Police Force-2009 - The Law of the People's Republic of China on the People's Armed Police Force, which was adopted at the 10th session of the Standing Committee of the 11th National People's Congress of the People's Republic of China on August 27, 2009, is hereby promulgated and shall come into force on the date of promulgation.
- Proposal for division of supreme court into a constitution court and four appeal courts in India - As constitutional adjudication occupies a place of its own, it always merits consideration as to whether there should be a separate constitutional court, as is the position in about 55 countries of the world (Austria established the world’s first separate constitutional court in 1920), or at least the Supreme Court should have a Constitutional Division. Many continental countries have constitutional courts as well as final courts of appeal called courts of cassation (Cour de Cassation in French) for adjudication of non-constitutional matters. A court of cassation is the judicial court of last resort and has power to quash (casser in French) or reverse decisions of the inferior courts.
Categories: 2000-2050CE DOCUMENTATION