If the Central Government is of opinion that any association is, or has become, an unlawful association, it may, by notification
in the Official Gazette, declare such association to be unlawful.
“terrorist organisation” means an organisation listed in the First Schedule or an organisation operating under the same name as an organisation so listed;
(last updated on 30-12-2019)
- Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj (ABNES)
- Al Badr
- All Tripura Tiger Force
- Al-Qaida/Al-Qaida in Indian Sub-continent (AQIS) and all its manifestations.
- Babbar Khalsa International
- Communist Party of India (Maoist) all its formations and front organizations.
- Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) — People’s War, all its formations and front organizations
- Declaring khalistan Liberation Force and all its manifestations as Terrorist Organisation
- Deendar Anjuman
- Dukhtaran-E-Millat (DEM)
- Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), all its formations and front organizations.
- Harkat-Ul-Mujahideen or Harkat-Ul-Ansar or Harkat-Ul-Jehad-E-Islami or Ansar-Ul-Ummah (AUU)
- Hizb-Ul-Mujahideen/ Hizb-Ul-Mujahideen Pir Panjal Regiment
- Indian Mujahideen, all its formations and front organizations.
- International Sikh Youth Federation
- Islamic State/Islamic State of Iraq and Levant/Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Daish/Islamic State in Khorasan Province (ISKP)/ISIS Wilayat Khorasan/Islamic State of Iraq and the Sham-Khorasan (ISIS-K) and all its manifestations.
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh or Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen India or Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Hindustan and all its manifestations
- Jammu and Kashmir Islamic Front
- Kamatapur Liberation Organisation, all its formations and front organizations
- Kanglei Yaol Kanba Lup (KYKL)
- Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP)
- Khalistan Commando Force
- Khalistan Zindabad Force
- Lashkar-E-Taiba/Pasban-E-Ahle Hadis
- Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
- Manipur People’s Liberation Front (MPLF)
- Maoist Communist Centre (MCC), all its formations and Front Organisations
- National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) in Assam
- National Liberation Front of Tripura
- National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) [NSCN(K)], all its formations and front organisations
- Organisations listed in the Schedule to the U.N. Prevention and Suppression of Terrorism (Implementation of Security Council Resolutions) Order, 2007 made under section 2 of the United Nations (Security Council) Act, 1947 and amended from time to time.
- People’s Liberation Army (PLA)
- People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK)
- Students Islamic Movement of India
- Tamil Nadu Liberation Army (TNLA)
- Tamil National Retrieval Troops (TNRT)
- Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen (TuM) and all its manifestations
- United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA)
- United National Liberation Front (UNLF)
1. The Explosive Substances Act, 1908 (6 of 1908);
1A. The Atomic Energy Act, 1962 (33 of 1962);
2. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (37 of 1967);
3. The Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016(30 of 2016);
4. The Suppression of Unlawful Acts against Safety of Civil Aviation Act, 1982 (66 of 1982);
5. The SAARC Convention (Suppression of Terrorism) Act, 1993 (36 of 1993);
6. The Suppression of Unlawful Acts Against Safety of Maritime Navigation and Fixed Platforms on Continental Shelf Act, 2002 (69 of 2002);
7. The Weapons of Mass Destruction and their Delivery Systems (Prohibition of Unlawful Activities) Act, 2005 (21 of 2005);
8. Offences under—
(a) Chapter VI of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860) [sections 121 to 130 (both inclusive)];
(b) Sections 370 and 370A of Chapter XVI of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860);
(c) Sections 489-A to 489-E (both inclusive) of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860);
(d) Sub-section (1AA) of section 25 of Chapter V of the Arms Act, 1959 (54 of 1959);
(e) Section 66F of Chapter XI of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000).