Direct Recruitment to Bihar Superior Judicial Service 2021 From Bar – 8/12/2021
HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT PATNA
District Judge (Entry Level), Direct From Bar Exam-2021
Advertisement No. BSJS/1/2021
Vccancy for General Caste- 09
Online Applications are invited from eligible Advocates for direct recruitment in respect of 18 vacancies, including altogether 5 backlog vacancy for EBC and 6 for SC [including 7 (SC-3, EBC-4) of last selection process and 4 (SC-3, EBC- 1) of second last selection process], as on 31.03.2021, which may vary in future, both on Permanent and Temporary posts, in the Bihar Superior Judicial Service in the pay scale of Rs. 51550-1230-58930-1380-63070, under terms and conditions mentioned below.
The application shall be filled up online (www.patnahighcourt.gov.in) from 12.2021 to 20.01.2022 till 23:59 hours after which the link shall be disabled. However, the link shall remain available upto 27.01.2022 till 23:59 hours only for the purpose of uploading the scanned photograph, signature, declaration written in the handwriting of the candidate, filling in Bank reference number and obtaining the printout of the application form. The candidates are advised to keep a printout of the online filled in application form with themselves, and the same, alongwith all the required certificates, shall be requisitioned from the candidates qualifying the main (written) Examination.
The candidates are advised to write the declaration mentioned below in their own handwriting in Black ink on a white sheet of paper, get it scanned for the purpose of uploading the same while filling up the form online – . . . . . . “1, do hereby declare that all the particulars given hereinabove are true and correct in all respects and if any part of it is found incorrect, this application shall be liable to be rejected summarily. “
Candidates will have to upload their scanned colour photograph and signature (in Black ink). Accordingly, candidates are advised to scan their photograph, signature and declaration in the given format and save in a documentary file from where the photo, signature and hand written declaration in own handwriting so scanned can be browsed and uploaded.
The candidates will be able to upload their scanned photograph, signature and declaration on the website of the Court only after 24 hours of making successful payment online. After filling up the necessary details, a candidate will have to press the ‘submit button’, after which, a registration number will be generated. Thereafter, candidate will have to make
payment online by following the link on the website. The candidates are advised to note down bank reference number that will be generated after making online payment, which they shall be required to fill in the application form while finally submitting the same. After 24 hours of making successful payment, a candidate may visit the website of the Court again by entering his registration number and date of birth to finally submit the application form.
Any applicant who has not completed 7 years of practice on the last date of receipt of Application as specified in the advertisement and who does not give declaration of appearance in at least 24 cases per year in the last 3 years, shall not be eligible for consideration for such appointment. The candidates qualifying in the Written Test shall be required to give declaration of appearance in atleast 24 cases per year in the last 3 years preceding the year of advertisement which is 2020-21.
Prosecuting officers/ Assistant Prosecuting officers are treated to be an Advocate and are eligible as per the judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court passed in Civil Appeal No. 561 of 2013- Deepak Agarwal Vs. Keshav Kaushik & others.
The candidates, who have not completed the age of 35 years and those who have already completed the age of 50 years as on01.2021, shall not be eligible for consideration for such appointment.
The cut-off date for the purpose of consideration of the eligibility, other than age, of the applicant is01.2022.
Reservation shall be applied in the following manner-
|Scheduled Castes ……………………..||:||16%|
|Scheduled Tribes ……………………..||:||01%|
|Extremely Backward Class ……………||:||21%|
|Backward Class ………………………..||: 12%|
|Economically Weaker Section …………||:||10%|
Note 1:- There shall be 35% horizontal reservation for women across all categories. There is provision of 1% horizontal reservation for orthopedically disabled candidates in all categories. The selected orthopedically disabled candidate will be adjusted against his I her reserved I unreserved category concerned.
Note 2:- If the applicant does not claim for reservation or mentions his category in the proper place of application form, he/she will not be given benefit of reservation. Benefit of reservation on the basis of caste/economic status will be given to only those candidates who are permanent resident of Bihar. Candidates who are not permanent resident of Bihar will be not given reservation on the basis of caste/economic status.
At the time of Interview, certificate of permanent resident of Bihar and Caste is to be furnished by the candidates claiming reservation benefits.
The candidates qualifying in the Written Test shall be required to furnish photocopies of all Original and documents in support of the particulars mentioned in the application duly attested by any of the following officer I authority-
- President of the concerned Association of Lawyers of the Court wherein the applicant is practicing.
- District & Sessions Judge concerned (or any one performing the duties of the District & Sessions Judge in his absence for the time being) of the Court wherein the applicant is practicing.
- The senior most Judicial Officer of the Court when he is not practicing in the District Headquarters of the Judgeships.
- Chairman of the Bar Council of the State according to the “Present address” or “Permanent home” specified in the application.
- Registrar of the High Court concerned, if the applicant is a practicing Advocate of any High Court.
- President of any Association of Advocates of the High Court concerned of which the applicant is a member, if the applicant is a practicing Advocate of any High Court.
- Presiding Officer of the Income Tax Tribunal or any other authority prescribed by law where the applicant does not come within any of the aforesaid categories.
Note: All the candidates ought to have ensured that they have Original Certificates of the Educational qualifications (not provisional one) with them before being asked from them by this Court.
Further, they must ensure that the details filled by them in the online application form (such as Spelling of their name or father’s name, date of birth, signatures etc should match with that mentioned in their certificates/marksheets/other relevant documents and discrepancies if any must be removed before being called for from them after qualifying the Main (Written) Exam.
- The candidates qualifying in the Written Test shall also be required to declare their net professional income for last three Financial Years preceding the year of advertisement.
- The selected candidate will have to undergo a medical examination before the Medical Board to be constituted for the purpose that he I she is medically fit to perform duties as a Judicial Officer.
The following procedure, guidelines aJtd principles shall be followed in connection with such aamlications I appointments I recruitments:
Such direct recruitment from the Bar shall be in respect of both permanent and temporary posts of the Bihar Superior Judicial Service.
The vacancies as on 31.03.2021 shall be taken into account.
The same procedure shall be adopted in the case of candidates practicing as Advocates outside the State of Bihar as would be applicable in respect of Advocates practicing within the State of Bihar.
The selection process will comprise Written and Viva-Voce test.
The High Court shall hold screening test with a view to shortlist candidates and may prescribe minimum qualifying cut-off marks for appearing in the Written Test. The marks obtained in the screening test will be relevant for determining eligibility to appear at the written test and not for any other purpose.
The candidates approximately ten times the number of vacancies for appointment, will be called for written test on the basis of marks obtained in Screening Test, if held. The candidates, approximately three times the number of vacancies for appointment, will be called for Viva- Voce test on the basis of marks obtained in Written Test.
The full marks for screening test shall be 300 and it shall be of I00 questions and each question will carry 03 marks but each wrong answer will incur 0I negative mark. It shall be of objective type. In the screening test, the questions will be in the subjects of Law, English Language, General and Computer Knowledge.
The questions in the subject of law, for screening test, would be in respect of provisions contained in the following enactments :
(I) The Constitution of India; (2) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908; (3) The Limitation Act, I963; (4) The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; (5) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; (6) The Transfer of Property Act, 1882; (7) The Indian Contract Act, 1872; (8) The Specific Relief Act, I963; (9) The Sale of Goods Act, 1930; ( 10) The Indian Partnership Act, 1932; (I1) The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881; (12) The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996; (13) The personal Laws (Hindu, Muslim and Christian); and (14) Indian Penal Code.
MCQs-Objective Question Papers [Multiple-choice]
In the Main (Written) Examination, there may be as many papers with marks for each paper, as may be decided by the High Court, for the said examination on the subjects hereinafter provided :-
The Constitution oflndia; (2) The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908; (3) The Limitation Act, 1963; (4) The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; (5) The Indian Evidence Act, 1872; ( 6) The Indian Contract Act, 1872; (7) The Sale of Goods Act, 1930; (8) The Indian Partnership Act, 1932; (9) The Specific Relief Act, 1963; ( 10) The Transfer of Property Act, 1882; ( 11) The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881; (12) The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996; (13) The Personal Laws (Hindu, Muslim and Christian); ( 14) The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988; (15) The Family Courts Act, 1984; ( 16) The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988; ( 17) The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989; and (18) Indian Penal Code, 1860.
Law Question Bank for Indian College Examinations and Judicial Services
- The ratio of marks of theory papers and viva voce will be 80% and 20%.
- A candidate will be called for viva voce provided he secures atleast 45% in each theory paper
- A candidate will qualify for appointment if the candidate secures atleast 45% marks in each theory paper, 30% marks in viva-voce/Interview and 50% marks in aggregate in written test (theory papers) and viva-voce taken together.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the Screening/preliminary test would be relaxed for reserved category candidates, including women candidates, by 5%. Similarly, there shall be relaxation of 5% marks in each theory paper; whereas 45%, in aggregate of the written examination and viva-voce, would be qualifying marks for the reserved category candidates including women & orthopedically disabled candidates, provided they secure qualifying marks, i.e., 30% in interview. However, there will be no relaxation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Category Candidates.
Candidates selected for appointment shall draw pay in the time scale sanctioned for District Judge (Entry Level) with all other admissible allowances.
Candidates selected for appointment shall be on probation for a period of one year. The period of probation shall continue even after the expiry of such period until and unless such service is expressly confirmed. They will not be confirmed unless they are found suitable in every respect for substantive appointment to the Bihar Superior Judicial Service. After confirmation in the service, the period spent on probation shall be counted towards leave, pension and increment in the time scale of the service. Their services may be terminated any time during the probation period, if not found satisfactory.
It is hereby made clear that all further or other steps in relation to such examination and recruitment, including holding Screening test, written test and interview, as is not otherwise provided herein shall be determined by the High Court.
Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility before applying for the post without prejudice to the powers of the High Court to further scrutinize relevant papers etc. and take appropriate action at any stage of the selection process and thereafter.
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 15001- as examination fee (Rupees 7501- for SC I ST and OH candidates from Bihar) online by following the link while filling up the form on website of the Court (www.patnahighcourt.gov.in);
- Applications without prescribed fee would not be considered.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
The candidates will have to download the Admit Card from the website of the Court by entering their registration number and date of birth, and hard copy of the same will not be sent to them. The candidates are advised to keep visiting the website of the Court for details and updates regarding examination.
After lapse of one year from the date of declaration of Final Result I Select List of the selection process, all examination materials including Answer-books I Sheets of Written Examination and Interview as well as Application Forms shall be weeded out except the final result and the tabulation chart in relation thereto as well as the application forms of the successful candidates.
By order of the Court
Dated : 08.12.2021
Direct Recruitment to Bihar Superior Judicial Service 2021
How to Apply
Candidates must apply online from 22.12.2021 to 20.01.2022 till 23:59 hours. For Applying Online visit the “Recruitments” column on the left hand side menu of Patna High Court Website (http://patnahighcourt.gov.in) Instructions for Filling in the Online Application
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth and Address etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after submitting the online application. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained and permis sible.
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the online application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SU BMIT” button at the end of the online Application format. Before pressing the “SU BMIT” button, Candidates are advised to verify every particular filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/ marks sheets. Any change/ alteration found at later stage may disqualify the candidature.
- After all the details are filled in and submitted, a Registration number will get generated. Thereafter, the candidate will have to make payment by following the link on the website of the Court. Only after 24 hours of making successful payment, the candidate may visit the website of the Court again, enter his registration number and date of birth, upload his scanned passport size photograph, signature and declaration to finally submit the application form.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form, keep it with themselves, and the same alongwith relevant certificates shall be requisitioned from the candidates qualifying the Main (Written) examination.
- Instructions for Photograph Image and Signature Image :
PHOTOGRAPH IMAGE :
- The size of the file should be upto 40kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 40kb.
- The image file should be JPEG or JPG format only.
- Dimensions 200×230 pixels preferred.
- The size of the file should be upto 10 kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 1 Okb.
- The image file should be JPEG or JPG format only.
- Dimensions 140×60 pixels preferred.
DECLARATION IMAGE :
- The size of the file should be upto 50kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb.
- The image file should be JPEG or JPG format onJy.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the High Court’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website.
High Court does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Court.
Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application will bind the candidate personally and if found to be false shall be liable for prosecution apart from consequences in civil law as may be deemed appropriate.
The candidates shall be required to submit such information and documents as may be required by the Patna High Court, Patna from time to time.
You must be logged in to post a comment.