FCI is operating 2199 warehouses (Owned/Hired) for storage of food grains across the country
DATE: 11 FEB 2022
Food Corporation of India
The Union Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabhaon 11 FEB 2022, informed that that augmentation of capacity is a continuous process. Food Corporation of India (FCI) continuously assesses and monitors the storage capacity and based on the storage gap assessment, storage capacities are created/hired.
FCI augments its storage capacity through following schemes:-
- Private Entrepreneurs Guarantee (PEG) Scheme
- Central Sector Scheme (CSS)
- Construction of Silo’s under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode
- Hiring of godown from Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC)/ State Warehousing Corporations (SWCs)/State Agencies
- Hiring of godown through Private Warehousing Scheme (PWS).
As on 01.01.2022, FCI is operating 2199 of warehouses (Owned/Hired) for storage of foodgrains throughout the country. The State-wise detail of number of storage unit available with FCI (Owned and Hired) as on 01.01.2022 is enclosed at Annexure-I.
State-wise number of storage unit available with FCI (Owned and Hired) as on 01.01.2022.
|S. N||Region||Total number of warehouse|
|16||Jammu & Kashmir||26|
|24||Andman & Nicobar||1|
|33||Dadra Nagar Haveli &DD||0|