Basic Information on the procedure for online renewal of registration under the West Bengal Shops & Establishments Act, 1963
There are two separate applications running in the State of West Bengal for online registration
renewal etc, under the W.B. Shops & Establishments Act, 1963 and Rule framed thereunder.
For renewal of registration certificate of shops and establishments situated at Kolkata, the user
shop keeper or employer is required to apply through ‘wbshopsonline.in’ portal and for
renewal of registration certificate of shops and establishments situated in the State of West
Bengal other than Kolkata, the user shop keeper or employer will apply through
Now the general procedure for application for renewal of registration under the ’wbshopsonline.in’ portal for Kolkata is as follows:
Process for renewal of registration of shops/establishments in Kolkata region.
For a new user, he /she has to follow the steps as mentioned below for process of renewal of registration.
1- The user will search for the url ‘wbshopsonline.in’ in the web browser
2. The applicant will see the user manual available under the guideline menu of the home page of the Portal.
3. Click to Online Apply for applying online for renewal of Registration Certificate in the home page of the portal
4. If the applicant employer or shopkeeper is a New User Click on REGISTER and Register himself after submitting some credentials
5. After successful registration user will receive a verification mail in his mailbox
6. User has to Click on the link sent to his mail to verify. Till the verification of e-mail is completed user registration will not be successful.
7. User has to verify this within 2 hours of registration otherwise user registration will be cancelled and the user have to register afresh.
8. After successful verification user will receive an SMS as well as Email containing the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for ONLINE APPLICATION GATEWAY LOGIN
9. Now the user is to log in using the user id and password received.
10. Now to apply online, user is to Click on ‘Form’ menu to view list of forms.
There are 3 types of forms
– From-B(New Registration)
– Form-C(Notice of Change)
Then select for renewal option.
Enter the registration certificate number and press on GO button
The whole application as it stood previously will be populated if the data of the shop or
establishment is already available in the database. If no such data is available in the database
then the Renewal application form will appear and it should be filled up in the same way as New Registration.
11. User has to check the details in application form and submit the form.
After filling up User will print the application form & sign on it, he can use his DSC also if available. The user then upload the PDF copy of the signed application form.
12. By clicking Apply Now the applicant finally submit the application form.
The documents required will also be uploaded.
13. User can see application status log (For applied applications only).
14. The Inspector or the Assistant Labour Commissioner can suggest for
some correction or seek clarification by sending back to the applicant or
can take necessary action for approval as the case may be.
15. User can view the remarks of the Inspector or the Assistant Labour
Commissioner and take necessary steps regarding any correction or
remarks sent from the Inspector or ALC.
16. After rectification as suggested the user can re-submit the updated application form.
17. Regarding corrections relating to attached documents user can see the
status of required attachments, if any, and he can upload the required document accordingly.
18. After approval from the ALC, the user will pay the fees through GRIPS portal.
19. The final registration certificate can be viewed and downloaded by the user. The detail procedure is available in the user manual available in the website itself.
However a detailed user manual is available in the portal “wbshopsonline.in” under the guideline menu.
Process for renewal of registration under e-district portal
The user shopkeeper or employer can apply for renewal of shops or establishments located in
the State of West Bengal other than Kolkata area though Common Service Centres, Kiosks or
directly through the portal User log in to the Application
1) In order to log in to the West Bengal eDistrict Application, the user search for the url
“edistrict.wb.gov.in” in an internet browser, and open the portal.
2) The login page contains ‘Welcome’ message for the users of West Bengal eDistrict application.
3) After selection of language, the user, if already registered, can log in to the system by
entering his / her user id and password.
If the user is logging into the system for the first time, he has to select Citizen Registration and create his own user credentials.
Apply for renewal of Registration of Shops and Establishments
It is better for the applicant to see the detailed user manual first for the renewal process of the shops and establishments service available in the “download” menu.
4) Click on ‘Apply to Services’ to view the list of services under different modules . In order
to apply for Registration of Shops and Establishments, click on the service “ Renewal of
Registration of Shops & establishments ” under ‘Services of Labour Department’ module.
5) After applying for the service ‘Instruction and Requirements for Renewal of Registration of Shops and Establishments’ page opens and the applicant The applicant will have to click on Apply button in order to apply for ‘Renewal of Registration of Shops and Establishments
Filling up the Application Form
6) After the applicant selects new application for Renewal of Registration of Shops and
Establishments, an application form appears. In order to apply for this service, the
applicant must have a registration number for the shop / establishment. The applicant
should fill up the required fields before submission.
7) The applicant is to provide Applicant’s Basic Information like
Here the applicant has to enter the Registration Number of the shop or establishment for which the renewal is required.
Name of the Shop / Establishment:
Here the applicant has to provide the Name of the Shop / Establishment.
Period of renewal required:
The applicant enters required information and clicks Search button, ‘Renewal
Effective from’ Date and “Renewal valid upto” is displayed.
Save and Next:
The applicant is to click save and next button to save the data and move to the next
8) After the application details become visible, the applicant can proceed further by
attaching supporting documents or may cancel.
9) The user is to upload supporting documents and finally submits the application.
10) The applicant receives an acknowledgement after successful submission of application.
11) The Inspector will verify the application and supporting documents. If the application
and documents are correct, the Inspector will approve it and a notice will be generated
for payment. If the application is not correct, the Inspector will reject it with reason. The
inspector may send back the application for correction also.
12) The applicant will be automatically notified by the system regarding the step taken by
the inspector and the user is to log in to the system again for correction or making
For payment the applicant is required to click on ‘Payment Pending Application’. The user
Is to select ‘Renewal of Registration of Shops and Establishments’ service, and he/ she
has to ‘Search’ from the list of payment pending application for his application.
13) Then the applicant is to select the particular application and click ‘Action’, ‘Payment
Page’ will appear. This page contains AIN of the application, Applicant’s Name and
14) As the Authority gets satisfied with the correct payment he will approve and issue
digitally signed renewal Certificate which will be available in the ‘approved application’
menu of the applicant’s dashboard. Now the applicant can download the certificate.
List of documents required for renewal of registration
1. Application in Form D along with the Current Registration Certificate.
2. Others related documents as may be asked to furnish along with the application:
a) A declaration containing name and date of appointment of all the employees
employed as on date of application of renewal (to ascertain changes, if any, in respect of
b) Renewed Trade License (to ascertain that the shop/establishment is currently, in