- Advocate Ram Jetha Malani retires from the profession.
- Justice Dipak Misra: First top judge with Z-category cover
- Dipak Misra, the Man behind Nation Anthem ruling to be next CJI
- Netas invoke privacy Right in attempt to stop disclosure of spouse’s information
Statute, Rule, Ordinance & Notification Watch
- 6th September Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-private Partnership) Act, 2017 was enforced
- Code on Wages Bill 2017 has been introduced reform Labour law in India
- Employees Compensation (Amendment) Act, 2017 Receives President’s Assent
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 has been Passed
- Adoption Regulations, 2017 became effective from 16 January 2017
- No relief for Sharif as Pak SC dismisses review plea against disqualification
- Jharkhand Religious Freedom Act, 2017 put severe restriction on religious conversion.
- GST rates changed for 40 items[SEP 10, 2017]
- Sebi is likely to discuss a proposal for extending stock market trading hours. The stock market in India currently opens at 9 am and closes at 3.30 pm.
- The government is moving ahead with linking Aadhaar with mobile SIM cards and all unlinked phones will be deactivated after February 2018.
- Ryan murder: State okays CBI probe; takes over school management Ryan murder: State okays CBI probe; takes over school management[16.09.2017]
- The Centre has allocated funds for the purchase of bullet-proof vehicles for Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel.
- One in 87 persons in Punjab dependent on drugs: survey
- Tata Trusts to invest Rs 500 crore over 5 years to uplift tribals
- Babri Masjid case’s chief litigant Mahant Bhaskar Das is dead[Sep 16, 2017 ]
- Apex body of sadhus ,Akhil Bharatiya Akhara Parishad puts out list of ‘fake’ babas[10.09.2017]
Science and Tech Watch