Government of India Media Wings

Prasar Bharati All India Radio (AIR) Doordarshan New Media Wing Directorate of Field Publicity Directorate of Film Festivals Films Division Photo Division Electronic Media Monitoring Centre Publication Division Registrar of Newspapers for India Directorate of Advertising & Visual Publicity Press Information Bureau DOT (Department of Telecommunications) BIS (Bureau of Indian Standard) TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) MIB(Ministry of Information & Broadcasting) Broadcast Engineering Consultants … Continue reading Government of India Media Wings

TOP PRINT MEDIA COMPANIES IN INDIA

ANANDA BAZAR PATRIKA LTD. (ABP LTD.) INDIAN EXPRESS GROUP BENNETT COLEMAN & CO. LTD. (TIMES GROUP) INDIA TODAY GROUP (LIVING MEDIA PVT. LTD.)  HT MEDIA LTD.  HINDU GROUP Major Indian Magazines Magazine Publishing House A & M Spectrum Magazines Business World Ananda Bazar Patrika The Week Malayala Manorama Business Today Living Media Computers Today Living Media Cosmopolitan Living Media Digit Jassubhai Digital Media Economic & Political … Continue reading TOP PRINT MEDIA COMPANIES IN INDIA

Top Media Companies in America

1. NBC/Universal, with an annual revenue around 160 billion, owns all the NBC stations, CNBC, MSNBC, numerous cable channels including USA networks, Bravo, E!, the Weather Channel, and the movie studio Universal Pictures. As of 2013, the biggest cable operator in the US Comcast owns 51% of the company, while another corporate giant, General Electric (GE) owns the other 49%. 2.The Walt Disney Company, with … Continue reading Top Media Companies in America

VIACOM 18 MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED & ORS. Petitioner(s) VS UNION OF INDIA & ORS. Respondent(s)[SC 2018 JANUARY]

KEYWORD :- PADMABAT MOVIE- Date : 18-01-2018- “we direct there shall be stay of operation of the notifications and orders issued by the respondent-States and we also restrain the other States to issue notifications/orders in any manner prohibiting the exhibition and we are sure, the concerned State authorities shall keep paragraph 27 of the judgment in the case of Prakash Jha (supra) in mind which clearly lays down that it is … Continue reading VIACOM 18 MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED & ORS. Petitioner(s) VS UNION OF INDIA & ORS. Respondent(s)[SC 2018 JANUARY]

THE PRESS AND REGISTRATION OF BOOKS ACT, 1867

1. Interpretation-clause.— 1 [ (1) ] In this Act, unless there shall be something repugnant in the subject or context,— “Book” includes every volume, part or division of a volume, and pamphlet, in any language, and every sheet of music, map, chart or plan separately printed 2 [***]; 3 [***] 4[“editor” means the person who controls the selection of the matter that is published in a … Continue reading THE PRESS AND REGISTRATION OF BOOKS ACT, 1867

Media Law -2

1 Theories of Freedom of Expression and the Media 2 Freedom of Media Expression under the Constitution and the Convention 3 Censorship and Public Morality 4 The Media and Politics 5 The Media and the Courts 6 Defamation 7 Privacy 8 Broadcasting Regulation in India 9 Regulation of the Press 10 Media Ownership Continue reading Media Law -2

Manohar Lal Sharma Vs. Sanjay Leela Bhansali & Ors.[SC 2017 NOVEMBER]

KEYWORDS:-PIL It is settled in law that no right is absolute but the fetters for enjoying the rights should be absolutely reasonable more so when it relates to the right to freedom of speech and expression and right to liberty. The Court has to see what kinds of fetters  are being imposed and the impact of the same. It needs to be stated at the … Continue reading Manohar Lal Sharma Vs. Sanjay Leela Bhansali & Ors.[SC 2017 NOVEMBER]

The Cinematograph (Certification) Rules, 1983

  Published vide G.S.R. 381(E), dated 9.6.1983. In exercise of the powers conferred by section 8 of the Cinematograph Act, 1952 (37 of 1952), and in supersession of the Cinematograph (Censorship) Rules, 1958 the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:–1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called The Cinematograph (Certification) Rules, 1983.(2) They shall come into force on 1st day … Continue reading The Cinematograph (Certification) Rules, 1983