Lawyer.—N. lawyer, attorney, legal counsel; counsel, counsellor, counsellor at law, attorney at law; jurist, legist, civilian, pundit, publicist, juris consult[Lat], legal adviser, advocate; barrister, barrister at law; King’s or Queen’s counsel; silk gown, leader, sergeant-at-law, bencher; tubman, bar, legal profession, bar association, association of trial lawyers; officer of the court; gentleman of the long robe; junior bar, outer bar, inner bar; equity draftsman, conveyancer, pleader, special pleader. solicitor, proctor; notary, notary public; scrivener, cursitor; writer, writer to the signet; limb of the law; pettifogger; vakil. legal beagle [coll.]. [persons accessory to lawyers] legal secretary; legal assistant; law student. V. practice law, practice at the bar, practice within the bar; plead; call to the bar, be called to the bar, be called within the bar; take silk; take to the law. give legal counsel, provide legal counsel. Adj. learned in the law; at the bar; forensic; esquire, esquired. Phr. banco regis[Lat].
- Opinion on the relations between judges and lawyers (CCJE- 2013)
- Independence of lawyers and guarantees for their functioning
- The Condition of India Lawyers-Mohandas K. Gandhi-1922
- The legal profession in Germany (1855-1919)-Adolf Weissler
- Regulation of Lawyers: Republic of China`s Law on Lawyers
- Lawyers Tools for Successful Advocacy
- Manual of Cross-Examination