Tag: Section 482

If no action is taken by police on information given to them, the informant’s remedy lies under Sections 190, 200, Cr. P.C., not a Writ Petition

In our view, the High Court in exercise of its whatsoever jurisdiction cannot direct investigation by constituting a Special Investigation Team on the strength of anonymous petitions. The High Courts cannot be converted into Station Houses. If somebody is aggrieved by the impugned order of High Court then he is entitled to invoke the jurisdiction of Supreme  Court under Article 136 of the Constitution of India.