PM Imran Khan responded to Narendra Modi’s Pakistan Day message
“I thank you for your letter conveying greetings on Pakistan Day. The people of Pakistan commemorate this Day by paying tribute to the wisdom and foresight of our founding fathers in envisioning an independent, sovereign state where they could live in freedom and realise their full potential,” Prime Minister Imran wrote in the letter, dated March 29, 2021
Drafting of Administrative Rules
A man may either be a solicitor or counsel (to which the author would like to add a judge) and yet not have had the training which is essential to make a good draftsman, for good draftsmanship is an art which calls for special qualifications and long experience. By it we mean the power of clear, lucid and simple expression of the intended purport.
Barrister’s World and The Nature of Law
The printed word has held lawyers and legal academics in its spell for too long. Mostly, when we think about “law” or “Law”, we think of it as a body of clear printed texts which open themselves up to close textual analysis and which then “tell us” what to do. Yet the printed word has blinded us to the fact that much of what happens in law is not textual at all: it is to do with advocacy and persuasion. This blindness has been particularly apparent as it relates to what solicitors and barristers actually do: the research in this area is minute.
MARKET: SENSEX 48176.80 – NIFTY 14132.90 – GOLD (MCX 10 GM) 51275.00-USD ($) / INR 72.96
- Distinction between cruelty u/s 498-A of IPC and that u/s 13(1)(i-a) of HMA 1955 - Shobha Rani Versus Madhukar -Reddy12/11/1987-We are, however, not concerned with criminal offence either under the Dowry Prohibition Act or under the Indian Penal Code. We are concerned with a matrimonial conduct which constitutes cruelty as a ground for dissolution of marriage. Such cruelty if not admitted requires to be proved on the preponderance of propabilities as in civil cases and not beyond a reasonable doubt as in criminal cases.
- Dr. Jaishri Laxmanrao Patil vs The State of Maharashtra & Ors-05/04/2021 - Sachin Vaze case-A writ petition would be the appropriate remedy, should the police fail or omit to register an FIR despite receiving a complaint disclosing commission of cognizable offence.-Thus, there cannot be any two opinions that the police by not registering an FIR on receipt of Dr. Patil’s complaint, and then again by not notifying her that the complaint would not be investigated, have not acted in accordance with law.
- Origins of SARS-CoV-2 virus-WHO report denied Wuhan laboratory origin of the pandemic - The international team recognized the impact of the epidemic on Wuhan, from affected individuals and communities to government officials, scientists and health workers. The team commended the engagement of all the professionals who had spent long hours analysing very large quantities of data to support its work. In conclusion, the team called for a continued scientific and collaborative approach to be taken towards tracing the origins of COVID-19.
- Criminal Contempt of High Court-Discharge can be asked if the rules are defective ab initio - he first rule in this branch of contempt power is a wise economy of use by the Court of this branch of its jurisdiction. The Court will act with seriousness and severity where justice is jeopardized by a gross and/or unfounded attack on the judges, where the attack is calculated to obstruct or destroy the judicial process.
- Hitler’s Directive for the occupation of Denmark and Norway – 01/03/1940 - The development of the Situation in Scandinavia required the making of all preparations for the occupation of Denmark and Norway by a part of the German Armed Forces ("Fall Weseruebung"). This operation should prevent British encroachment on Scandinavia and the Baltic; further it should guarantee our ore base in Sweden and give our Navy and Air Force a wider start line against Britain. The part which the Navy and the Air Force will nave to play, within the limits of their capabilities, is to protect the operation against the interference of British naval and air striking forces.
- State of Uttar Pradesh Vs Jail Superintendent, Ropar and Ors-26/03/2021 - The Court in exercise of power under Article 142 of the Constitution cannot curtail the fundamental rights of the citizens conferred under the Constitution and pass orders in violation of substantive provisions which are based on fundamental policy principles, yet when a case of the present nature arises, it may issue appropriate directions so that criminal trial is conducted in accordance with law. It is the obligation and duty of this Court to ensure free and fair trial.
- Lt. Col. Nitisha and Ors. Vs. UOI and Ors-25/03/2021 - Discrimination against women -The pattern of evaluation in Indian Army in case of women, by excluding subsequent achievements of the petitioners and failing to account for the inherent patterns of discrimination that were produced as a consequence of casual grading and skewed incentive structures, has resulted in indirect and systemic discrimination. This discrimination has caused an economic and psychological harm and an affront to their dignity.
- Naresh Kumar Vs Kalawati and Ors-25/03/2021 - A dying declaration is admissible in evidence under Section 32 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872. It alone can also form the basis for conviction if it has been made voluntarily and inspires confidence. If there are contradictions, variations, creating doubts about its truthfulness, affecting its veracity and credibility or if the dying declaration is suspect, or the accused is able to create a doubt not only with regard to the dying declaration but also with regard to the nature and manner of death, the benefit of doubt shall have to be given to the accused. Therefore much shall depend on the facts of a case. There can be no rigid standard or yardstick for acceptance or rejection of a dying declaration.
- Patricia Mukhim Vs State of Meghalaya- 25/03/2021 - Disapprobation of governmental inaction cannot be branded as an attempt to promote hatred between different communities. Free speech of the citizens of this country cannot be stifled by implicating them in criminal cases, unless such speech has the tendency to affect public order. The sequitur of above analysis of the Facebook post made by the Appellant is that no case is made out against the Appellant for an offence under Section 153 A and 505 (1) (c) IPC.
- State of Rajasthan and Ors Vs Love kush Meena-24/03/2021 - Whether a benefit of doubt resulting in acquittal of the accused in a case charged under Sections 302,323,341/34 of the Indian Penal Code can create an opportunity for the accused to join as a constable in the Rajasthan Police service-NO- Any Govt circular favouring acquitted accused for job has to be read in the context of the judicial pronouncements that giving benefit of doubt would not entitle candidate for appointment.
- The Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy-1993 - The program was developed by the Chicago Police Department (CPD) in 1993. The program began in five policing districts but expanded to encompass the entire city of Chicago after a testing phase. Program development included the collaborative efforts of each district’s commanders, senior department executives, and civilian planners.
- FBI Guidelines for Capturing Palm Prints and Supplementals - The FBI has implemented palm print and supplemental print search capabilities as part of its Next Generation Identification (NGI) effort and is providing orientation guidelines for reference.
- Justice Munir Commission Report-1954 - On 19th June 1953, the Governor of the Punjab promulgated Ordinance III of 1953 which, with certain amendments suggested by us, became the Punjab Disturbances (Public Inquiry) Act, 1953, Punjab Act II of 1954, directing the setting up of a Court for holding a public inquiry into the disturbances. In exercise of the powers given by subsection (1) of section 3 of the Ordinance, the Governor appointed us members of the Court of Inquiry with the direction to make an inquiry into the disturbances
- Sri Navadvipa-VhabaTaranga by Bhaktivinoda Thakur-1880 - Offering obeisances to the feet of all the devotees, I will now briefly describe Sri Navadvipa-dhama. Even the demigods headed by Lord Brahma do not know the unlimited glories of Navadvipa mandala, so who can possibly describe that dhama fully? Since the thousand-mouthed Sesa cannot describe it completely, how can I, an insignificant living entity, do so? Even Lord Siva can find no end to the unlimited glories of Navadvipa-dhama. Nevertheless, the desire of Sri Caitanya is powerful, and according to His wish the devotees have given me an order. Therefore, by the mercy of the devotees, I hereby describe the glories of Nadia
- Adolf Hitler’s letter on Jewry-16/11/1919 - To begin with, the Jews are unquestionably a race, not a religious community. The Jew himself never describes himself as a Jewish German, a Jewish Pole or a Jewish American, but always as a German, Polish or American Jew. Jews have never adopted more than the language of the foreign nations in whose midst they live.