- 16th July 2018: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued its Recommendations on “Privacy, Security and Ownership of Data in the Telecom Sector.
- Muslim Personal Law Board wants parallel Court
- The Supreme Court of India on 09/07/2018 Monday said the abolition of death penalty by the British Parliament, several Latin American nations and Australian states was no ground to erase capital punishment from the statutes in India.
- The Philippine president, who recently sparked outrage for calling God stupid, has courted new controversy in his largely Roman Catholic country by saying he will resign if anybody can prove that God exists [July 7, 2018]
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth granted royal assent [under Royal Assent Act 1967] to Prime Minister Theresa May’s flagship Brexit legislation [European Union Withdrawal Act 2018 ] on JUNE 26, 2018, ending months of debate over the legislation that will formally end the country’s European Union membership.
- Supreme Court rules that Trump’s travel ban is constitutional. The 5-4 opinion written by Chief Justice John Roberts, the court finds that Trump’s travel restriction fell “squarely” within the president’s authority. [See the executive order]
PAGE 1 2 3 4
U.S Supreme Court Decisions
- [June 26, 2018] National Institute of Family and Life Advocates v. Becerra (16-1140)
- [June 26, 2018] Trump v. Hawaii (17-965)
- [June 25, 2018 ] Abbott v. Perez (17-586)
- [June 25, 2018 ] Ohio v. American Express Co. (16-1454)
- [June 22, 2018] Cox v. United States (16-1017)
- [June 22, 2018] Dalmazzi v. United States (16-961)
- [June 22, 2018] Currier v. Virginia (16-1348)
- [June 22, 2018] Ortiz v. United States (16-1423)
- [June 22, 2018] WesternGeco LLC v. ION Geophysical Corp. (16-1011)
- [June 22, 2018] Carpenter v. United States (16-402)
LAW AT MARKET
The country’s largest port developer Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd. (APSEZ) has executed a share purchase agreement with Larsen and Toubro Ltd. (L&T) to acquire 97% stake in Marine Infrastructure Developers Pvt. Ltd. (MIDPL), the developer and operator of Kattupalli Port near Chennai, for ₹1,950 crore.
India INX is now India’s first International Exchange set up at GIFT City and was inaugurated by Shri Narendra Modi, on 9th Jan, 2017. India INX offer a diversified portfolio of products and technology services at a cost which is far more competitive to Indian exchanges as well as other global exchanges. India International Exchange IFSC Limited (India INX) and India International Clearing Corporation IFSC Limited (India ICC) are wholly owned subsidiary of the BSE Limited. India INX and the India ICC have commenced mock trading from India INX’s data centre at GIFT City from December 17, 2016. The International exchange received final approval from Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on December 30, 2016.
June 12, 2018 -WASHINGTON —Federal judge Richard J. Leon of United States District Court in Washington on Tuesday approved the blockbuster merger between AT&T and Time Warner, rebuffing the government’s effort to stop the $85.4 billion deal, in a decision The judge, observed that the Justice Department failed to prove that the telecom company’s acquisition of Time Warner would lead to fewer choices for consumers and higher prices for television and internet services. [Read more]
Human cells resist gene editing by turning on defenses against cancer, ceasing reproduction and sometimes dying, two teams of scientists have found reported in the journal Nature Medicine
- The national level engineering and medical entrance examinations – JEE Main and NEET – will be held twice a year from 2019 in online mode. Henceforth Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) will be held by newly formed examination conducting agency, National Testing Agency (NTA).
Apart from NEET and JEE Main, NTA will also conduct National Eligibility Test (NET), Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) exams from now on.
- President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un are set to meet face to face in Singapore to discuss denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. [12.06.2018] READ MORE.…
- Pre-Iron age [2000 BCE] chariot found in an excavation in Bagpat District of UP gives ‘new dimension to the Indian history’. READ MORE …
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) admitted the insolvency plea filed by the State Bank of India (SBI)
- Unwarranted invasion of privacy of an individual comes u/s clause (j) of Section 8(1) of the RTI Act, shall not be disclosed [ Central Information Commission Dated 06.06.2018 ]
- The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) UK has turned the concept into a formal requirement for the nine largest current account providers in the UK (CMA9) with the launch of the Open Banking initiative.
With the government to provide autonomous vehicle legislation by the second half of 2018, Singapore will be at the forefront of self-driving vehicles testing.