Fair hearing • Conviction in absentia after not personally being served with documents concerning criminal proceedings, and inability to obtain fresh determination of merits of case • Failing to inform authorities of address change and going abroad for extended period of time not amounting to unequivocal waiver of right to appear and defend oneself, or evading justice
● Freedom of religion ● Freedom to impart information ● Forced dissolution of a Jehovah’s Witnesses’ (JW) local religious organisation (LRO) ● Declaration of JW’ publications as “extremist” ● Freedom of expression ● Freedom of association ● Domestic courts’ failure to provide relevant and sufficient reasons
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
- Manoj Pratap Singh Vs. State of Rajasthan-24/06/2022 - DEATH PENALTY CONFIRMED-Accordingly, these appeals are dismissed; conviction of the appellant of offences under Sections 363, 365, 376(2)(f), 302 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and Section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 is confirmed; and the sentences awarded to the appellant, including the death sentence for the offence under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860, are also confirmed.
- ZAKIA AHSAN JAFRI VS STATE OF GUJARAT & ANR-24/06/2022 - FURTHER INVESTIGATION-No fault can be found with the approach of the SIT in submitting final report , which is backed by firm logic, expositing analytical mind and dealing with all aspects objectively for discarding the allegations regarding larger criminal conspiracy (at the highest level) for causing and precipitating mass violence across the State against the muslim community.
- Gopinathan Vs. State of Kerala-24/06/2022 - SENTENCE REDUCED- Accused(A1) was charge-sheeted for offence U/S 55(g) and 8(1) read with 8(2) of the Abkari Act and was convicted for the aforestated offences and sentenced to undergo rigorous imprisonment for 5 years and to pay a fine of Rs.1,00,000/each
- Krishna Rai (D) through LRS. & Ors. Vs. Banaras Hindu University through Registrar & Ors-16/06/2022 - Whether principle of estoppel and acquiescence will prevail over statutory service rules prescribing the procedure for promotion of ClassIV employees to ClassIII working in the Banaras Hindu University(BHU)
- Swaminathan Kunchu Acharya Vs. State of Gujarat & Ors-09/06/2022 - Habeas corpus - the writ petition seeking writ of habeas corpus for production of corpus - Pranav Acharya aged 5 years
- Vallal Rck Vs. M/s. Siva Industries and Holdings Ltd. and Ors-03/06/2022 - Apex Court has, time and again, emphasized the need for minimal judicial interference by the NCLAT and NCLT in the framework of IBC
INDIA NEPAL BHUTAN SRI-LANKA MYANMAR VIETNAM THAILAND
RUSSIA FRANCE GERMANY ITALY EU
CHINA JAPAN N. KOREA S. KOREA TAIWAN
- Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia-1993 - The King shall be guarantor of the national independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Cambodia, the protector of rights and freedom for all citizens and the guarantor of international treaties...
- Law on Making Legislation (2012)-Lao People’s Democratic Republic - This Law defines principles, regulations and procedures for making legislation to ensure that the development and amendment of legislation is effective, transparent and uniform throughout the country and ensuring that the content of legislation has quality, completeness, is easy to understand, implementable and reflects the realities of the country, [that legislation] enables regional and international integration, and [that legislation] contributes to the development of the rule of law state of the people, by the people and for the people.
- Text of PM’s interaction with Indian community in Japan-23 May 2022 - Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed and interacted with over 700 members of Indian diaspora in Japan on 23 May 2022.
- Ho Chi Minh’s Instructions At The Conference Reviewing Mass Education – 1956 - In social life there are many professions, a division of work is therefore inevitable. I do one work, you take up another. Mass education work is an important one, having a great bearing on the nation and society, and also on the building of our Fatherland.
- Inventory of Business Formalities (IBF) in Lao DRP - The formalities needed for certain activities and needed as a pre-requisite conditions before the application of the operating licenses (i.e. Construction Permit, Environmental Compliance Certificate, Capital Importation Certificate)