U.S. Presidential Documents – Executive Orders
What is Executive Order
An executive order is an edict issued by a member of the executive branch of a government, usually the head of that branch. The term is mostly used by the United States Government. In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders-in-council.
Presidential Documents : Presidential Orders [EO], Memoranda, Determinations, and Notices.
- Executive Order of Biden on Modernizing Regulatory Review (06/04/2023)
- Text of New York City Mayor Eric Adam’s Emergency Executive Order 224 (07/10/2022)
- Federalism-Executive Order 13132 of August 4, 1999
- Computer Software Piracy- Executive Order 13103 (30/11/1998-Bill Clinton)
- Equality for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Individuals – EXECUTIVE ORDER (15/06/2022)
- Advancing Effective, Accountable Policing and Criminal Justice Practices to Enhance Public Trust and Public Safety in USA – EO (25/05/2022)
- Strengthening the Nation’s Forests, Communities, and Local Economies-Executive Order-22/04/2022
- Executive Order of Russian President Putin on Application of Special Economic Measures in Foreign Economic Activity to Ensure Security of Russian Federation-9/03/2022
- Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees-Executive Order -09/09/2021
- Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors-EO- 09/09/2021
- Addressing Threat Posed by Applications and Other Software Developed or Controlled by Chinese Companies-EO 13971-05/01/2021 - The following actions shall be prohibited beginning 45 days after the date of this order, to the extent permitted under applicable law: any transaction by any person, or with respect to any property, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, with persons that develop or control the following Chinese connected software applications, or with their subsidiaries, as those transactions and persons are identified by the Secretary of Commerce (Secretary) under subsection (e) of this section: Alipay, CamScanner, QQ Wallet, SHAREit, Tencent QQ, VMate, WeChat Pay, and WPS Office.
- Advancing Effective, Accountable Policing and Criminal Justice Practices to Enhance Public Trust and Public Safety in USA – EO (25/05/2022) - Law enforcement officers are often a person’s first point of contact with our criminal justice system, and we depend on them to uphold these principles while doing the demanding and often life-threatening work of keeping us safe. We expect them to help prevent and solve crimes and frequently call upon them to respond to social problems outside their expertise and beyond their intended role,
- Advancing International Religious Freedom- US Presidential Executive Order 2020 - Religious communities and organizations, and other institutions of civil society, are vital partners in United States Government efforts to advance religious freedom around the world. It is the policy of the United States to engage robustly and continually with civil society organizations—including those in foreign countries—to inform United States Government policies, programs, and activities related to international religious freedom.
- America’s Supply Chains-EO-24/2/21 - Other essential goods and materials” means goods and materials that are essential to national and economic security, emergency preparedness, or to advance the policy set forth in section 1 of this order, but not included within the definition of “critical goods and materials
- Blocking Property and Suspending Entry Into USA of Certain Persons Contributing to Destabilizing Situation in Western Balkans-EO-08/06/21 - All property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person of the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State
- Blocking Property of Russian Energy Export Pipelines-EO-20/08/2021 - With respect to any foreign person identified by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury, in a report to the Congress pursuant to section 7503(a)(1)(B) of PEESA, all property and interests in property of such person that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in.
- Blocking Property With Respect to the Situation in Burma-Executive Order 12/02/2021 - I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, find that the situation in and in relation to Burma, and in particular the February 1, 2021, coup, in which the military overthrew the democratically elected civilian government of Burma and unjustly arrested and detained government leaders, politicians, human rights defenders, journalists, and religious leaders, thereby rejecting the will of the people of Burma as expressed in elections held in November 2020 and undermining the country's democratic transition and rule of law, constitutes an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.
- Building and Rebuilding Monuments to American Heroes- US Presidential Executive Order- 3/07/2020 - In recent weeks, in the midst of protests across America, many monuments have been vandalized or destroyed. Some local governments have responded by taking their monuments down. Among others, monuments to Christopher Columbus, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Francis Scott Key, Ulysses S. Grant, leaders of the abolitionist movement, the first all-volunteer African-American regiment of the Union Army in the Civil War, and American soldiers killed in the First and Second World Wars have been vandalized, destroyed, or removed.
- Civil Justice Reform- EO issued U.S President Clinton-5/2/1996 - By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and in order to improve access to justice for all persons who wish to avail themselves of court and administrative adjudicatory tribunals to resolve disputes, to facilitate the just and efficient resolution of civil claims involving the United States Government, to encourage the filing of only meritorious civil claims, to improve legislative and regulatory drafting to reduce needless litigation, to promote fair and prompt adjudication before administrative tribunals, and to provide a model for similar reforms of litigation practices in the private sector and in various states, it is hereby ordered as follows:
- Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping- US Presidential Executive order-22/07/2020 - Executive Order 13950 September 22, 2020 Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act,
- Computer Software Piracy- Executive Order 13103 (30/11/1998-Bill Clinton) - It shall be the policy of the United States Government that each executive agency shall work diligently to prevent and combat computer software piracy in order to give effect to copyrights associated with computer software by observing the relevant provisions of international agreements in effect in the United States, including applicable provisions of the World Trade Organization Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, and relevant provisions of Federal law, including the Copyright Act.
- Drug Prices: Lowering by Eliminating Kickbacks to Middlemen- US Presidential Executive Order - July 24, 2020-Medicare patients, whose cost sharing is typically based on list prices, pay more than they should for drugs while the middlemen collect large “rebate” checks. These rebates are the functional equivalent of kickbacks, and erode savings that could otherwise go to the Medicare patients taking those drugs. Yet currently, Federal regulations create a safe harbor for such discounts and preclude treating them as kickbacks under the law.
- Enabling All Qualified Americans To Serve Their Country in Uniform- EO of U.S. President Joe Biden-25/01/2021 - All Americans who are qualified to serve in the Armed Forces of the United States (“Armed Forces”) should be able to serve. The All-Volunteer Force thrives when it is composed of diverse Americans who can meet the rigorous standards for military service, and an inclusive military strengthens our national security.
- Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States-EO of Donald Trump-01/30/2017 - Interior enforcement of our Nation's immigration laws is critically important to the national security and public safety of the United States. Many aliens who illegally enter the United States and those who overstay or otherwise violate the terms of their visas present a significant threat to national security and public safety. This is particularly so for aliens who engage in criminal conduct in the United States.
- Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors-EO- 09/09/2021 - SEPTEMBER 09, 2021 By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act, 40 U.S.C. 101 et seq., and section 301 of title
- Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America’s Workers- EO of U.S. President Joe Biden-25/01/2021 - It is the policy of my Administration that the United States Government should, consistent with applicable law, use terms and conditions of Federal financial assistance awards and Federal procurements to maximize the use of goods, products, and materials produced in, and services offered in, the United States. The United States Government should, whenever possible, procure goods, products, materials, and services from sources that will help American businesses compete in strategic industries and help America's workers thrive.
- Equality for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Individuals – EXECUTIVE ORDER (15/06/2022) - Supporting LGBTQI+ Students in our Nation’s Schools and Educational Institutions. The Secretary of Education shall establish a Working Group on LGBTQI+ Students and Families, which shall lead an initiative to address discrimination against LGBTQI+ students and strengthen supports for LGBTQI+ students and families.
- Excepting Administrative Law Judges From the Competitive Service in USA-10/07/2018 - Previously, appointments to the position of ALJ have been made through competitive examination and competitive service selection procedures. The role of ALJs, however, has increased over time and ALJ decisions have, with increasing frequency, become the final word of the agencies they serve. Given this expanding responsibility for important agency adjudications, and as recognized by the Supreme Court in Lucia, at least some—and perhaps all—ALJs are “Officers of the United States” and thus subject to the Constitution's Appointments Clause, which governs who may appoint such officials.
- Executive Order blocking property and prohibiting transactions with terrorists and terror supporters-24/9/2001 - I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that grave acts of terrorism and threats of terrorism committed by foreign terrorists, including the terrorist attacks in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon committed on September 11, 2001, acts recognized and condemned in UNSCR 1368 of September 12, 2001, and UNSCR 1269 of October 19, 1999,
- Executive Order Establishing Office of Homeland Security and Homeland Security Council in US- 8/10/2001 - Executive Order Establishing the Office of Homeland Security and the Homeland Security Council; For Immediate Release Office of the Press Secretary October 8, 2001 Executive Order Establishing the Office of Homeland Security and the Homeland Security Council By the authority
- Executive Order of Biden on Modernizing Regulatory Review (06/04/2023) - Executive Order on Modernizing Regulatory Review By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to modernize the regulatory process to advance policies that promote the
- Executive Order of Russian President Putin on Application of Special Economic Measures in Foreign Economic Activity to Ensure Security of Russian Federation-9/03/2022 - introduce a ban on export outside the territory of the Russian Federation and (or) import into the territory of the Russian Federation of products and (or) commodities in accordance with the lists compiled by the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Executive Order on Promoting Competition in the American Economy-09/07/2021 - The American information technology sector has long been an engine of innovation and growth, but today a small number of dominant Internet platforms use their power to exclude market entrants, to extract monopoly profits, and to gather intimate personal information that they can exploit for their own advantage.
- Federalism-Executive Order 13132 of August 4, 1999 - Federalism is rooted in the belief that issues that are not national in scope or significance are most appropriately addressed by the level of government closest to the people.
- Hong Kong Normalization : US President’s Executive Order -14/07/2020 - By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 (Pub. L. 102-393), the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019 (Pub. L. 116-76), the Hong Kong Autonomy Act of 2020, signed into law July 14, 2020, the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.) (NEA), section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,
- Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity-EO 12/05/2021 - The United States faces persistent and increasingly sophisticated malicious cyber campaigns that threaten the public sector, the private sector, and ultimately the American people’s security and privacy. The Federal Government must improve its efforts to identify, deter, protect against, detect, and respond to these actions and actors. The Federal Government must also carefully examine what occurred during any major cyber incident and apply lessons learned. But cybersecurity requires more than government action.
- Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors-Eecutive Order 14026-27/04/2021 - This order promotes economy and efficiency in Federal procurement by increasing the hourly minimum wage paid by the parties that contract with the Federal Government to $15.00 for those workers working on or in connection with a Federal Government contract as described in section 8 of this order. Raising the minimum wage enhances worker productivity and generates higher-quality work by boosting workers' health, morale, and effort; reducing absenteeism and turnover; and lowering supervisory and training costs. Accordingly, ensuring that Federal contractors pay their workers an hourly wage of at least $15.00 will bolster economy and efficiency in Federal procurement.
- Promoting Redemption of Savings Bonds- US Executive Order-2020 - By law, savings bonds never expire, and there is no deadline for owners to redeem them. It is currently estimated that more than 75 million matured savings bonds, issued as far back as 1935, remain unredeemed. The total value of these unredeemed savings bonds is approximately $27 billion.
- Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents-Executive Order-9/10/2019 - Executive Order 13891 October 9, 2019 Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to
- Promoting the Use of Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence in the Federal Government-US Executive Order-03/12/2020 - Executive Order 13960 of December 3, 2020 Promoting the Use of Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence in the Federal Government By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is
- Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into U.S.-EO 13769(27/01/2017) - The visa-issuance process plays a crucial role in detecting individuals with terrorist ties and stopping them from entering the United States. Perhaps in no instance was that more apparent than the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when State Department policy prevented consular officers from properly scrutinizing the visa applications of several of the 19 foreign nationals who went on to murder nearly 3,000 Americans. And while the visa-issuance process was reviewed and amended after the September 11 attacks to better detect would-be terrorists from receiving visas, these measures did not stop attacks by foreign nationals who were admitted to the United States.
- Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into United States[EO 13780 of March 6, 2017] - Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into the United States By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et
- Recognizing Sovereignty of Kingdom of Morocco Over Western Sahara by USA - The United States affirms, as stated by previous Administrations, its support for Morocco's autonomy proposal as the only basis for a just and lasting solution to the dispute over the Western Sahara territory. Therefore, as of today, the United States recognizes Moroccan sovereignty over the entire Western Sahara territory and reaffirms its support for Morocco's serious, credible, and realistic autonomy proposal as the only basis for a just and lasting solution to the dispute over the Western Sahara territory.
- Reforming Incarceration System to Eliminate the Use of Privately Operated Criminal Detention Facilities-EO of US President-26/01/2021 - Policy. More than two million people are currently incarcerated in the United States, including a disproportionate number of people of color. There is broad consensus that our current system of mass incarceration imposes significant costs and hardships on our society and communities and does not make us safer. To decrease incarceration levels, we must reduce profit-based incentives to incarcerate by phasing out the Federal Government’s reliance on privately operated criminal detention facilities.
- Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees-Executive Order -09/09/2021 - Each agency shall implement, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a program to require COVID-19 vaccination for all of its Federal employees, with exceptions only as required by law. The Task Force shall issue guidance within 7 days of the date of this order on agency implementation of this requirement for all agencies covered by this order.
- Requiring Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates to Be Delivered to Government of America – 5/04/1933 - Executive Order 6102 April 5, 1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt President of the United States of America By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5 (b) of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended by Section 2
- Restoring Faith in Legal Immigration Systems and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts- EO of U.S President-02/02/2021 - Over 40 million foreign-born individuals live in the United States today. Millions more Americans have immigrants in their families or ancestry. New Americans and their children fuel our economy, working in every industry, including healthcare, construction, caregiving, manufacturing, service, and agriculture.
- Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities- EO of Joe Biden-20/01/2021 - Executive Order 13768 of January 25, 2017 (Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States), is hereby revoked. The Secretary of State, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and the heads of any other relevant executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall review any agency actions developed pursuant to Executive Order 13768 and take action, including issuing revised guidance, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, that advances the policy set forth in section 1 of this order.
- Strengthening the Nation’s Forests, Communities, and Local Economies-Executive Order-22/04/2022 - Strengthening America’s forests, which are home to cherished expanses of mature and old-growth forests on Federal lands, is critical to the health, prosperity, and resilience of our communities — particularly in light of the threat of catastrophic wildfires. Forests provide clean air and water, sustain the plant and animal life fundamental to combating the global climate and biodiversity crises, and hold special importance to Tribal Nations. We go to these special places to hike, camp, hunt, fish, and engage in recreation that revitalizes our souls and connects us to history and nature.
- Text of New York City Mayor Eric Adam’s Emergency Executive Order 224 (07/10/2022) - THEREFORE, pursuant to the powers vested in me by the laws of the State of New York and the City of New York, including but not limited to the New York Executive Law, the New York City Charter and the Administrative Code of the City of New York, and the common law authority to protect the public in the event of an emergency
- Threat posed by military Industry of China- Biden Issued Executive Order-03/06/2021 - I find that the use of Chinese surveillance technology outside the PRC and the development or use of Chinese surveillance technology to facilitate repression or serious human rights abuse constitute unusual and extraordinary threats, which have their source in whole or substantial part outside the United States, to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, and I hereby expand the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13959 to address those threats.
- TikTok-President Trump`s Executive Order on banning it and Chinese reaction(Text) - TikTok, a video-sharing mobile application owned by the Chinese company ByteDance Ltd., has reportedly been downloaded over 175 million times in the United States and over one billion times globally. TikTok automatically captures vast swaths of information from its users, including Internet and other network activity information such as location data and browsing and search histories. This data collection threatens to allow the Chinese Communist Party access to Americans’ personal and proprietary information — potentially allowing China to track the locations of Federal employees and contractors, build dossiers of personal information for blackmail, and conduct corporate espionage.
- US Executive Order Establishing a Provisional Court in Louisiana-20/10/1862 - I do hereby appoint Charles A. Peabody, of New York, to be a provisional judge to hold said court, with authority to hear, try, and determine all causes, civil and criminal, including causes in law, equity, revenue, and admiralty, and particularly all such powers and jurisdiction as belong to the district and circuit courts of the United States, conforming his proceedings so far as possible to the course of proceedings and practice which has been customary in the courts of the United States and Louisiana, his judgment to be final and conclusive.
- US Presidential Executive Order on Protecting Vulnerable Newborn and Infant Children-25/09/2020- - Purpose. Every infant born alive, no matter the circumstances of his or her birth, has the same dignity and the same rights as every other individual and is entitled to the same protections under Federal law. Such laws include the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA), 42 U.S.C. 1395dd, which guarantees, in hospitals that have an emergency department, each individual’s right to an appropriate medical screening examination and to either stabilizing treatment or an appropriate transfer. They also include section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (Rehab Act), 29 U.S.C. 794, which prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities by programs and activities receiving Federal funding.
You must be logged in to post a comment.