MARKET TODAY: SENSEX-39140.28 GOLD (MCX 10 GM)-31467.00 USD ($) / INR 69.39
💡 Current Posts
- Sexual harassment at the place of work: an Indian context
- Sadhvi Pragyasingh Chandrapal Singh Thakur NIA Court Order
- Reserve Bank of India (Prevention of Market Abuse) Directions, 2019
- RBI releases draft “Enabling Framework for Regulatory Sandbox”
- Arrests and Prosecutions in Canada for Committing Terrorism Offences
- What is general Insurance
- Giving notice is not same as receipt of notice, giving is a process of which receipt is the accomplishment
- Filing a written statement is not only way to defend a suit, but a defendant may successfully defend a suit by cross-examination and arguments.
- If a statement expressly referring to a dead person and affects his reputation, legal heirs can maintain Defamation suit.
- In a suit for defamation if relief claimed is for damages alone, the suit shall be abated on death of plaintiff
💡 Criminal Law
- Under section 465 of Criminal Code plea of error should be taken at earliest stage
- Recalling or Reviewing an Order by Criminal Court
- Sentencing Policy set by Supreme Court
- Guidelines for District Magistrates and Senior Superintendent of Police for cases under Juvenile Justice Care and Protection Act, 2015 and Protection of Children from Sexual offences Act 2012
- Trial of Summons-Cases by Magistrates
- Electronic Evidence in Indian Law
- Commentaries on The Arms Act 1959
- Commentaries on Negotiable Instrument Act 1881
- DEFENCE MANAGEMENT IN CRIMINAL TRIAL
💡 Writ Petitions
- MANSUKHLAL VITHALDAS CHAUHAN Vs STATE OF GUJARAT
- Writ Petition challenging the orders passed by Civil Courts refusing to grant interim injunction could be maintainable
- Condition for entertaininga Public Interest Litigation
- Whether a writ proceeding is civil or criminal depends on the nature of relief claimed and grounds for such relief
- Writ of certiorari- an Indian historical perspective
- SC refused to interfere with the arrest of five activists by Maharashtra Police in Koregaon-Bhima violence case.
- Maj. Amod Kumar Vs. Union of India & ANR. [ALL SC 2018 SEPTEMBER]
- M. K. Gopalan and another Versus The State of MADHYA PRADESH [ALL SC 1953 APRIL]
- The High Court cannot in guise of exercising its jurisdiction under Article 227 convert itself into a Court of appeal
- Habeas corpus writ
💡 Matrimonial Disputes
- Proceeding for restitution of conjugal rights
- Ex-parte order u/s 23 of the Hindu Marriage Act-duty of the court
- Annulment refers only to making a voidable marriage null under section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act
- Sanjay Kumar Sinha Vs. Asha Kumari & ANR.[ALL SC 2018 APRIL]
- The Special Marriage Act, 1954
- Santhini Versus Vijaya Venketesh
💡 Courtroom News
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has directed the Income-Tax Department to initiate penalty proceedings by June 30 against non-filers and ‘drop filers’ of tax returns. Typically, the penalty for non-filing is pursued under Section 271F of the Income Tax Act, and that for late filing under Section 234. If an assessee files returns after the due date of August 31 but before December 31, it will attract a penalty of Rs 5,000. For those who file returns after December 31, the penalty rises to Rs 10,000. However, there is an exemption for small taxpayers — if the total income does not exceed Rs 5 lakh per annum, the maximum penalty will be Rs 1,000.
- After Madras HC ban ,TikTok vanishes from Apple app stores following the line of Google.
- The Madras High Court on April 17, 2019, upheld the Election Commission’s decision of cancelling polling in Vellore Lok Sabha constituency in Tamil Nadu.
- “Accepting the recommendation of Election Commission of India dated April 14, 2019, the honourable President is pleased to rescind election to 8-Vellore Parliamentary Constituency Tamil Nadu to elect a member to Lok Sabha,” said ECI spokesperson Sheyphali Sharan.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 16th, 2019 told the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) that banks had an obligation to mark bad loans as a non-performing asset (NPA) after the default of 90 days and that the lenders could not be relieved of the same.