Cyber and Information Security (C&IS) Division
Work Profile: The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Cyber Crime Wing
- Indian Cyber Crime Co-ordination Centre(I4C) Scheme.
- Schemes on prevention of Cyber Crime against women and children.
- Central CyberCrime portal.
- Capacity building – Setting up of Cyber investigation labs.
- Best Practices compilation and dissemination on cyber Crime.
- CyberCrime complaints.
- Dealing with cyber threat inputs and dissemination thereof.
- Coordination and Guidelines/Advisory to States/UTs.
Cyber Security / NISPG Wing
- Implementation of information security policy as per NISPG in MHA
- Data Protection framework.
- Blocking of websites and regulation of intermediaries and coordination with MeitY
- Cyber Security policy, intelligence report on cyber security breach of organizations and government officials.
- International conventions on Cyber security and cyber- crime (inputs of CIS-II Dsk will be taken as per need).
- Coordination with CERT-In, NCSC, National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre, MEA, IB, Deity, Defence etc.
- NISPG policy and its implementation / compliance in other government organizations
- Administration & Monitoring of Network Operations Centre and Security Operation Centre of MHA
- Regular information security audits (internal and external).
- Co-ordination with NIC for administration of IT assets, monitoring of traffic and logs.
- Assessing security risks, planning and implementing steps to counter threats
- Cyber awareness programs and skill building of MHA officials.
- Overall supervision of NIC Unit in MHA.
- Related grievances, RTI and parliament questions etc.
IS / CISO Wing
- Policy on lawful interception.
- Co-ordination for Centralized Monitoring System.
- Secured communication systems like RAX, SDCN etc.