- Dura lex sed lex- law is hard but it is law - It is a settled legal position that law of limitation may harshly affect a particular party but it has to be applied with all its rigour when the statute show prescribes. The […]
- Generalia specialibus non derogant-general law yields to special law - It is a well settled principle of statutory interpretation that when there is a conflict between the general law and the special law then the special law shall prevail. This principle will […]
- Jose Paulo Coutinho Vs. Maria Luiza Valentina Pereira & ANR- 13/09/2019 - Portuguese Civil Code, 1867 as applicable in the State of Goa, which shall govern the rights of succession and inheritance even in respect of properties of a Goan domicile situated outside Goa, anywhere in India
- Nemo moriturus praesumitur mentire – No one at the point of death is presumed to lie - “Nemo moriturus praesumitur mentire – No one at the point of death is presumed to lie.” “A man will not meet his Maker with a lie in his mouth” – Is the […]
- Quando lex aliquid alicui concedit, concedere videtur et id sine quo res ipsae esse non potest - When the law gives anything to anyone, it gives also all those things without which the thing itself would be unavailable.
Categories: Judicial Dictionary