- Executive Order-Amending the Civil Service Rules-17/01/2017 - Minimum standards of fitness based on character and conduct for appointment in any other position in the excepted service of the executive branch, except for (A) positions in any element of the intelligence community as defined in the National Security Act of 1947, as amended, to the extent they are not otherwise subject to OPM appointing authorities, and (B) positions where OPM is statutorily precluded from prescribing such standards.
- Notice issued by US President Obama-Continuation of National Emergency With Respect to Iran 13/01/2017 - On March 15, 1995, by Executive Order 12957, the President declared a national emergency with respect to Iran to deal with the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States constituted by the actions and policies of the Government of Iran. On May 6, 1995, the President issued Executive Order (E.O.) 12959, imposing more comprehensive sanctions on Iran to further respond to this threat. On August 19, 1997, the President issued E.O. 13059, consolidating and clarifying the previous orders.
- Remarks by the Vice President Joe Biden on Nuclear Security-12/01/2017 - Already in 1953, President Eisenhower—a man synonymous with American military strategy—warned that our security could never be achieved through a nuclear arms race without end: “Let no one think that the expenditure of vast sums for weapons and systems of defense can guarantee absolute safety for the cities and citizens of any nation. The awful arithmetic of the atomic bomb does not permit any such easy solution. Even against the most powerful defense, an aggressor in possession of the effective minimum number of atomic bombs for a surprise attack could…cause hideous damage.”
- Remarks by US Vice President Joe Biden at World Economic Forum-18/01/2017 - Communication technologies have fostered incredible progress— making information more open and accessible, breaking down the barriers between people and nations, facilitating greater scientific collaboration, empowering ordinary citizens to challenge injustice and hold their governments accountable.
- State of global financial regulation- William Coen - 1- Introduction Thank you for this opportunity to provide an update on the Basel Committee’s work to finalise the global regulatory framework, as well as its longer-term agenda. I note that I […]
Categories: 2000-2050CE DOCUMENTATION