Updated Law of Australia-2020
Table of Cases Table of Statutes
Part I – The Nature of Equity
The Nature of Equity
The Origin of the Equity Jurisdiction
The Relationship between Common Law and Equity
Part II – Equitable Principles
Interests Characterisation of Equitable Proprietary Interests
Equitable Priority Rules
The Protection of Confidential Information
Fraud in Equity
Mistake in Equity
Part III – Equitable Relief
The Nature of Equitable Remedies
Mareva Orders and Anton Piller Orders
Pecuniary Relief in Equity Tracing
Part IV – Trusts
What is a Trust?
A Comparison between Trusts and Other Legal Relationships
Creating a Trust: The Certainty Rules
Creating a Trust: Formalities,
Consequences of a Failure to Comply with Them
Complete Constitution of Express Trusts
Trusts and Testamentary Dispositions: Secret Trusts and Mutual Wills
Variation of Trust
Trusts for Charitable Purposes
- Pipikos v Trayans (2018) 265 CLR 522 (part performance and estoppel).
- Ancient Order of Foresters in Victoria Friendly Society Ltd v Lifeplan Australia Friendly Society Ltd (2018) 265 CLR 1 (breach of fiduciary duty; account of profits).
- Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts Australia Pty Ltd v Commonwealth (2019) 368 ALR 390 (trustees right of indemnity).
- Smethurst v Commissioner of Police  HCA 14 (mandatory injunction, adequacy of damages).
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission v Kobelt (2019) 368 ALR 1 (unconscionable dealing)
Number Of Pages: 880
Published: 12th October 2020
Edition Number: 6