No 15 dated 20. 6. 2012. , in exercise, the power conferred by section .. 12 of the Police Act (V of 1861) and in supersession of all previous orders in this respect, the Director General and Inspector General of Police, West Bengal deems it expedient to assign the following duties and responsibilities in respect of an Inspector of police posted as officer-in-charge of a police station, as defined in clause (0) of section 2 of the code of Criminal Procedure 1973, (Act 2 of 1974):
1) To perform all duties and functions as laid down in Chapter VI of Police Regulations Bengal, 1943 (hereinafter referred as PRB) by said officer-in-charge of a PS in the rank of Inspector.
2) To distribute the cases amongst the IOs, ensure proper investigation in terms of Regulation 255 of PRB and send duplicate copy of case diaries to Zonal Dy. SP/ SDPO/ACP, as the case may be, on a regular basis for their perusal and action to guide
investigation. Any lawful instruction issued in this respect should be taken up for prompt
compliance. and report.
3) To take up investigation of some heinous crimes (SR cases) which require adequate experience and skill for investigation and detection apart from cases endorsed to him by Zonal Dy. SP/ SDPO/ACP/CP/SP, as the case may be. In such instances, zonal superior officer shall submit PR II and subsequent reports.
4) To keep case diaries maintaining confidentiality in stipulated norms for subsequent despatch to Court of competent jurisdiction on conclusion of investigation and final memos as and when received shall be sent to Zonal Dy. SP/ SDPO/ACP, as the case may be, after taking necessary action.
5) To make scrutiny of all actions taken in respect of cases to be ended in Charge Sheet/Final Report (i.e. report in final form u/s 173(2) of Cr. P.C.) and in appropriate cases, actions shall be taken for revival of investigation. The decision for cases ending in CHARGE SHEET /FINAL REPORT would be taken after due consultation and approval of Zonal Dy. SP/ASP /SDPO/ ACP.6) To send
6) To send copy of General Diaries as per stipulated norms to Zonal Dy. SP/ SDPO /ACP, as the case may be, for their perusal and filing. Comments/observation/order, as and when received shall be complied with promptly.
7) To send daily crime report! law and order report /information of any other particular aspect including unnatural death and out break of infectious diseases if any etc. to all concerned authorities following Regulation 192 of PRB.
8) To send Personal Diaries to SP/DCP through Zonal Dy. SP/ SDPO /ACP, as the case may be.
9) To personally maintain Roughs’ Register at PS as a confidential document as an addendum to Village Crime Note Book as laid down in Regulation 391(a) of PRB. In this respect, Police Order No.4 of 1962 and amended Police Order No.2 of 1966 shall be taken into account for guidance.
10) To maintain a Note Book following provision of Regulation 193 PRB.
11) To maintain co-operation with Kolkata Police as and when required vide Regulation 128 of PRB.
12) To hold Annual Inspection of TOPs lOPs etc., once a year in terms of Regulation 48 of PRB.
13) To refrain from committing any act forbidden in terms of Regulation 107 and 108 of PRB.
The word “Circle Inspector” wherever occurred in any order / regulation whatsoever, shall henceforth cease to exist in respect of police stations placed under the Officer-in-charge in the rank of Inspector of police